Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 01:36 AM
Banned

TL1000R is what I was thinking of earlier.

Either way, prepare yourself for a wreck. Cause they happen. My buddy hit the base of a road construction barrel about a month back (ring had gotten in the middle of the lane of a highway) and he is going to have scars from his knee to shoulder from the slide. And that was only at 55mph and in decent gear.

Another guy got hit by a truck around the same time, he had stuck the nose of his bike too far out trying to see around a cage when making a right turn... truck clipped his bike in the front 1/3, and killed him.

Shit happens.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:59 AM
Banned

AKA, using a motorcycle is like PvPing irl
Old 09-15-2011, 04:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by superapan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, you do not want an SV650! It's slow as hell, and V-twin engines sound seriously lame - like a damn tug boat. You really want an inline-four.

This is actually yours truly, on my first bike. It's a -94 CBR600, 100 bhp. Dirt cheap, great reliability, and at that time it felt like unbelievable performance...like 10 seconds 0-120 mph.
that's a nice bike, don't get me wrong, but for street riding v-twins are superior for certain type of riding condition because you're just not going to see the right roads everywhere to let an inline four sing. my superhawk (firestorm for you guys i believe) is 122 at the wheel last time it was tuned, and it makes peak torque below 5k rpm. 3rd gear is cruise mode, 10mph roll ons is no problem. tug boat? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] at idle maybe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] http://youtu.be/9w8FwMTsTFw

as far as riding gear is concerned, textile is cheaper but lasts one crash. for street riding, i wear a less than expensive zippable leather jacket and pants set that have been through 3 sub-35mph falls. i've got a komodo one piece that i can still squeeze into if i ever hit the track again. expensive, but worth every penny if you see the track more than once a month. the amount of protection a one piece suit like that provides over a standard jacket and pants combo is amazing (even if the pants and jacket are able to be zipped together).

also don't underestimate the importance of boots. never ride without your boots. never ride without boots. i've seen two people i've ridden with take a slow speed fall and literally rip their foot off at the ankle, dangling by their achilles tendon. doesn't sound fun huh? wear your damn boots, no matter how clownish you think you look.
Last edited by Feachie; 09-15-2011 at 04:44 PM..
Old 09-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Sarnak

internet girl rides a motorcycle ??????

dady liek
Old 09-16-2011, 09:10 AM
Banned

Last edited by dredge; 12-12-2012 at 09:52 PM..
Closed Thread