Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 08:16 AM
Sarnak

Default Reaction to Women abusing Men

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlFAd4YdQks

yeah, i dunno how to embed videos on this board, but its basically a video of reactions of passers by when they see a woman beating the crap out of a man.

out of over 100 of them, only ONE stopped to see what was the matter. if that was a man beating the fuck out of a woman, i'll bet 90% of them would have stopped.

this is ridiculous. women cry for equal rights for years, but they only want the GOOD parts of equal rights. this double standard needs to STOP.

i'm completely supportive of equal rights, but equal rights means ALL rights, not just some.

and yes I found this on reddit. /rant
Old 09-08-2011, 09:02 AM
Sarnak

not too bright are you
Old 09-08-2011, 09:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathgirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not too bright are you
I'd smack you, but society would think I'm a monster.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Sarnak

allow me to elaborate. men have higher str than women, so people react more readily to men beating awn women because women would generally require assistance in defense.
men, on the other hand, are generally capable of overpowering a woman singlehandedly / defending himself without assistance. but dw, if a scrawny little scrub like u was getting beat by a g.i. jane like me I'm sure people wouldn't be so quick to mind their own business.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:18 AM
Fire Giant

inb4 akyra quotes something from her feminist 101 vegan class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathgirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
allow me to elaborate. men have higher str than women, so people react more readily to men beating awn women because women would generally require assistance in defense.
men, on the other hand, are generally capable of overpowering a woman singlehandedly / defending himself without assistance. but dw, if a scrawny little scrub like u was getting beat by a g.i. jane like me I'm sure people wouldn't be so quick to mind their own business.
So by that logic, as long as I'm using equal or lesser force than you can exert on me, its okay then?
Old 09-08-2011, 09:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So by that logic, as long as I'm using equal or lesser force than you can exert on me, its okay then?
I didn't watch much of your link but I did see a man standing over a woman choking her, and then a woman merely slapping a man and pointing at him all mad. It'd look fake and silly the other way around. I'll grant men have less leeway in how much they can slap their partner around in public, but both genders have their pros and cons, deal with it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
I didn't watch much of your link but I did see a man standing over a woman choking her, and then a woman merely slapping a man and pointing at him all mad. It'd look fake and silly the other way around. I'll grant men have less leeway in how much they can slap their partner around in public, but both genders have their pros and cons, deal with it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know what you mean. Society has been tailored to think this way. It really, however is a destructive way of thinking. I really encourage you to watch the whole thing.

Regardless, if you want equal rights, you'd better be prepared to take equal lefts too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-08-2011, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

That gurl has awful hair
Old 09-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannacore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That gurl has awful hair
Inorite? Flock of seagulls.

I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but I like how they used a redhead instead of a blonde or brunette. It's always been insinuated that redheads have shorter tempers.

Even so, what it boils down to is if a woman is beating up a man, people think he did something to deserve it. People think, "well, men are obviously stronger so if they are getting beat up by a woman, its not that big of a deal because they could easily defend themselves". If a man is beating up a woman, he's a lecherous pig because women are obviously so dainty and couldn't POSSIBLY get away from that big strong man.

Women fight for strength in the workforce, and weakness in physical violence. It sickens me.