Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by xshayla701 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
5th grade class. Got home and my mom was in front of the tv crying
5th grade lol
Old 09-09-2011, 03:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
5th grade lol
^ to funny.

As for myself, I was in 7th grade in english class. When it happened all the teachers had a big discussion on whether they would show us the news or not, and some decided for themselves. My teacher was a prude, though she eventually let us watch the news after the second plane hit. Afterwards we were let out of school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Last edited by nalkin; 09-09-2011 at 03:18 PM..
Old 09-09-2011, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

A lot of people here are younger than I would expect.

I was a senior in high school, in my art class at the time. Teacher pulled in a TV to the classroom and we watched the craziness unfold.

I don't think I'd be stretching by saying that the painting I was working on was inspired by that event (it served as a bit of a wake-up call for me). It was just a Bob Ross bit of natural landscape, but everyone seemed to love it more than anything else I did at the time.

I wasn't sure how to react to the event when it happened. I didn't view it as a monumental Pearl Harbor "America is under attack" overreaction because I don't think the two are even comparable. Seeing the footage of people jumping out of the skyscrapers to their deaths made me want to throw up though. The entire event made me sad for humanity, especially after knowing the motive behind it and knowing that the people who did it were so religion-brainwashed that they were willing to throw their own lives away in the process.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Fire Giant

I was at the Fire dept picking up 56k modems to install to the satellite volunteer fire stations.
The chief (really cool guy) called me into his office and pointed to the TV.

I thought it was an accident at first. But then we watched the 2nd tower get hit.
I sat in the office with the chief and a few others while the news covered the whole event.

I never really had a reaction. It was unbelievable. I was without words.
I still can't describe how I felt when I saw that happen.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Sarnak

twinkle in my dad's eye
Old 09-09-2011, 04:17 PM
Aviak

12th Grade: AP Comp Sci class, I was on my EQ (Fennin Ro) guild's forum (T'Kagi Ro) when our cleric posted a thread telling us all to turn on the news. I informed the class, we turned on the news, and the break between classes afterwards was just a High School panic.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Banned

i think that september 11 should be remembered as the day when president bush decided to attack the united states and knock down the towers.

in retrospect, it was a great success and worked to further the new world order's agenda to enslave everyone in the name of security. arm the homeless.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearyxTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wasn't sure how to react to the event when it happened. I didn't view it as a monumental Pearl Harbor "America is under attack" overreaction because I don't think the two are even comparable.
Have you been to the US recently?

The events 9/11 precipitated are comparable in scope and arguably more horrific than US involvement in ww2 at this point. This country is in a nightmare that's only getting worse.
Last edited by Dirt McGirt; 09-09-2011 at 04:26 PM..
Old 09-09-2011, 04:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt McGirt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The events 9/11 precipitated are comparable in scope and arguably more horrific than US involvement in ww2 at this point. This country is in a nightmare that's only getting worse.
hahahahahahahah
Old 09-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt McGirt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm not going to waste my time explaining why World War II was more horrific than 9/11 to you (good god I hope this is just a troll)
Closed Thread