Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-23-2011, 08:22 AM
Kobold

Default Lay on Hands

I spammed a guy out of range with the LoH button, there was no log of me "laying my hands" on anyone but the cooldown went up anyway.

Also the button has a tendancy to go on a separate 15 second cooldown.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:44 PM
Kobold

This is a serious problem for this class and has got my Paladin killed more times than I can count. In my experience it has happened at least 50% of the times I have tried to use the ability. My thinking is that it may occur when you are stunned or in some other ability-disabling state and try to use the ability. This is an extremely likely scenario if you're in a fight and getting beat on. The ability doesn't go off, but the server puts the ability on cooldown anyway.

I haven't seen any response to this issue this save for a recognition that there is a problem with the button/skill refreshing before changing zones (not a huge deal).

When this happens, it's not a case of LoH still being on cooldown, as others have suggested - I've seen it happen in cases where I had not used the ability in hours, had zoned recently and the hotkey was up and ready:

You click the button or hit your hot key and nothing happens...no heal, not even a resist/failed message.
Yet the button goes on cooldown (greys out). You can try to keep clicking the button, but you will get a message "You haven't recovered yet..."

Theeeeen, after 10-15 seconds (if you're still alive, because if you're in a situation where you tried to pop LoH you were probably in deep shit) the button will become usable again but will now throw a cooldown at you ("You can use the ability Lay on Hands again in 1 hour 15 minutes 30 seconds", etc.) even though you never actually got to use the ability. Bollocks. This bug is extremely common and robs the Paladin class of its greatest skill.
Last edited by Gamkek; 03-08-2012 at 06:48 PM..
Old 03-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Kobold

Died twice because of this since I posted in this thread before. Once last night and once again about 5 minutes ago.

And we wonder why there are so few paladins...
Old 03-09-2012, 10:55 PM
Sarnak

Sk's dont seem to be having these issues with Harmthouch, which I find quite strange. Just thought I would add that in.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Aviak

While you may have a problem with this, you should also do some research to find out if it may be classic or not. This server is kind of like a community project, so you should assist in researching if you want to try to fix problems. I'd like to claim that running and instantly trying to cast when you stop is a bug because you get interrupted, but its just how the server perceives your character.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounky47 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd like to claim that running and instantly trying to cast when you stop is a bug because you get interrupted, but its just how the server perceives your character.
if when u stop u tap left/right u dont get interupted, it was the same way on live
Old 03-10-2012, 02:01 PM
Sarnak

casting spells has to do with /loc and when u stop u still move forward a fraction, that's yu u can start a CH or long casting spell in a corner and run around then get back in corner before it finishes and ull channel the spell
Old 03-11-2012, 04:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounky47 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While you may have a problem with this, you should also do some research to find out if it may be classic or not. This server is kind of like a community project, so you should assist in researching if you want to try to fix problems. I'd like to claim that running and instantly trying to cast when you stop is a bug because you get interrupted, but its just how the server perceives your character.
I'm aware of the need to research things before requesting a bug fix, the problem is I can't find any information of there being a bug of this nature in Classic Live, and I certainly don't remember there being one. So your suggestion that I find evidence that the bug didn't exist in Classic is a bit silly - I can't very well do that if the bug indeed did not exist. If there wasn't a bug then there won't be any posts about a bug. A lack of information on it is the only evidence you'll ever find. I'm not likely to find an old Alla post that says "Hey, Lay on Hands is not bugged in case any one is wondering. So if anyone from the future ever tries to create an emu server for EQ and has a Lay Hands bug, I just wanted to point out that there was no bug. kthxbai."

Ridiculous.

Oh, and I died two more times due to this bug since my last post. Joy.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:53 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamkek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, and I died two more times due to this bug since my last post. Joy.
Stop making posts if you just want to keep relaying the fact that due to a bug which you have no idea whether or not its supposed to be in classic is killing you. That was the point of my post. You know what causes LoH to bug out, just work around it.

Also, my claim is not ridiculous. If you were to find old paladin forums where LoH might be discussed, people might chime in to say "careful, if someone is out of range, this happens". If you can't find anything after actually searching then post where people might discuss it and how no one brings it up as an issue. Arguing with me isn't going to fix what you want fixed.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:01 AM
Orc

I am only level 15, but so far the only issue I have had is that when I use LoH, after a little bit the icon will pop back up as if its ready to be used again but clicking it just produces the "Can use in 1 hour blah blah". So I basically have no idea when its ready because im not going to keep clicking it to check as im sure I will at some point re-cast the thing screwing myself.

Is this a known issue in live and I just have to work around it? Or is it a bug?