Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-18-2015, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

I just want to bump this. For me these problems always arise at prime times when the population is 1,000+. It's unplayable at 1200+. I have a feeling this is going to get a lot more attention when Velious launches and the population reaches those numbers at all times of day.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:41 PM
Large Bat

I was talking to a guildy the other day about this and he claimed it had something to do with the RAM "bottoming out". He said that when you zone into a zone the EQ client loads up all the memory but when you zone out of the zone it doesn't clear that memory out properly (or something like that). So after awhile of going through different zones the client ends up freezing because it can't load anymore memory.

Told me to restart my computer and try again. Sure enough, after a restart the problem does go away, but depending on how much you zone determines how long until you have to restart your computer again. If I am porting a lot it only takes a couple of hours before I have to reboot everything.

Really wish this wasn't an issue at all though.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:24 AM
Sarnak

I have all these issues at the moment but only when dealing with specific zones. These zones will always give me trouble regardless of any of the temp or otherwise fixes listed. Didn't have this issue when I was last playing 5-6 months or so ago. Anyone have any luck fixing issues with specific zones?
Old 02-19-2015, 12:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have all these issues at the moment but only when dealing with specific zones. These zones will always give me trouble regardless of any of the temp or otherwise fixes listed. Didn't have this issue when I was last playing 5-6 months or so ago. Anyone have any luck fixing issues with specific zones?
Since updating to the latest Nvidia driver, I've seen this happen less. That being said, I don't believe it has anything to do with the video card/driver.

I never have this problem when the server population is sub 1,000. The only time I see this as a problem is prime time (EST) between 730pm and 1130pm or so.
Old 02-19-2015, 06:51 PM
Sarnak

Updated all my drivers and everything yesterday. The time I was having this problem the worst was last night during the most offpeak hours I've ever seen lately. (~70 on red and ~440 on blue). I increased my zoning speeds and other various aspects, however the same zones still crash every. single. time.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never have this problem when the server population is sub 1,000. The only time I see this as a problem is prime time (EST) between 730pm and 1130pm or so.
You and me both. It's unplayable primetime.
Old 02-22-2015, 03:41 AM
Sarnak

Strange to me that you guys only have trouble when it's busy, that's doesn't seem to affect me at all. Hell I've been unable to log a character into the Overthere for 3 days straight now, probably 30+ failed attempts, and I mostly only play during offpeak hours.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:46 AM
Kobold

this seems to be happening to us pretty frequently, more often on the AMD rig though...
Old 02-23-2015, 05:15 PM
Aviak

I also just started crashing when trying to log in/zone... Started happening to me a few weeks ago. Disabled loading screen art, and that helped at the time, but the problem surfaced again today.
Tried restarting computer/router a few times, but that didn't affect anything.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:18 PM
Large Bat

Also experiencing this issue. And have for a few days. No changes made on computer, one day it was fine, the next getting freezes, no server select etc