Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 07:30 PM
Large Rat

Default Family Game? Class for kid

I played back in 99-02 and had a blast with friends.

Started playing on p99, kids saw me and want to play. Not sure how long that will last, but would like for them to try it.

I'm a BAR Shaman and thought Warrior/Rouge would be a good option for the kids. I can try to keep them alive. More or less would like "easy" classes for them. I would be even willing to change classes. Anyone have any advice for me?

Thanks!
Old 02-27-2015, 07:39 PM
Kobold

Warrior is pretty easy, particularly to start out with. If you don't have good gear (better than tattered), it can be challenging, particularly if grouping with others as you level up. However, by the time that many of the finer points are required like quality pulling, positioning, assisting, knowing when best to taunt, a small child wll probably have lost interest. If not, you'll have to mentor.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:56 PM
Fire Giant

Just make sure you havethe bad word filter on. As for easy classes mage, wizard, warrior, rogue, monk are all easy classes.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like fun ^^ I think you are spit on with having them roll warrior/rog. Monk is very easy too and has the Kung Fu / Ninja cool factor too ^^ they could also both go warrior or both monk or even both rogue with you there for support ^^

Shaman is probably the best support for that too, so i think you are set on that end unless you want to level up a Druid ahead of them^^ Can't say enough about thorns.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:28 PM
Large Rat

Great info and quick replies thanks!

The oldest kid will be the warrior, I felt it would be the hardest. The younger will be the DPS so Rouge/Monk are great choices. If he is Rouge, we can all be BAR and start in the same spot. This will make it easy for starting out and working together. Hope we can play once or twice a week. Maybe the wife will join in... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-27-2015, 08:50 PM
Fire Giant

The death penalty in this game is very unforgiving. I had been tormented by it when I started playing at a young age. You should definitely consider having them both play monks or shadow knights. The reason being they can feign death in bad situations and hopefully avoid dying some of the time. Otherwise I would suggest helping them learn how to play a druid/warrior or druid/paladin combo for survivability to learn the game. Warrior/rogue is good but they will have a lot of downtime once they need to heal.

Monk would be the much easier choice over shadow knight though. The only problem with monks is they cant look everything or they become too heavy and lose a lot of their defensive advantage.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:54 PM
Sarnak

Aye I would suggest monk. FD and Mend are great, and they are still somewhat effective with little to no gear.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:04 PM
Fire Giant

Depends on how old the kids are, if they're at the age of competence, might want to go with something more interesting so they don't get bored.

i'd say ranger/sk/paladin + rogue. the agro is necessecary for backstabs and they're more flavorful classes.

PRO-TIP: Follow them around and be the back-seat player to them, even if it means death. No kid gives a shit about grinding out to 60 because it's optimal. Don't kill the dream.
Last edited by sox7d; 02-27-2015 at 09:07 PM..
Old 02-27-2015, 09:11 PM
Sarnak

Pet classes can also be good. When I started EQ I think I was 10 and I somewhat competently played a necro. Lifetaps + pet are a good combo for a new player.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:38 PM
Sarnak

monk/shams hard to beat duo wise

red cape, check.

logging in
Closed Thread