Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

this suggestion has already been discussed over a year ago by the leaders of all guilds capable of raiding and sent to the GMs for consideration. And not like I just sent them a PM out of the blue; we were working on a new system together.

I mean, not to segue clandestinely or anything, but can we get back to the original topic and talk about MY PLACE IN P99 HISTORY
Old 07-21-2011, 04:25 PM
Banned

It's always going to happen as long as it's allowed and people are terrible enough to go through with it.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your analogy was bad.

Compare it more to:

Group of racers sit at finish line in a race until the gun is fired so no one else can win the race.

No competition, and it's fucking stupid. Every single person doing it should be ashamed of themselves.
that is worse than mine lol.

Anyone can "poopsock" nothing stopping someone else from doing the same thing. I personally don't care one way or the other, game isn't that damn important. I won't even wake up to kill a target ( because when i'm done playing, i'm done).

Should i be mad because other people get batphones and wake up to kill a target just because i'm not willing to do it? Cause i'll gladly bitch about that, or bitch that people in other time zones have an advantage on mobs spawning during times that aren't prime playing times for me.

Stop bitching and do something about it imo. Or continue to QQ about someone else playing a game how they want.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottbiscuits Dreadmuffin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want Hasbinbad to write history for other stuff too.

I do too! Tell me how the Nazi's won WW2 next.
More story time imo
Old 07-21-2011, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do too! Tell me how the Nazi's won WW2 next.
More story time imo
They didn't. Someone said, and I quote, "...we're gonna be doin' one thing and one thing only... killin' Nazis." and then it was all over... WW2 done.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

hoho!
Old 07-21-2011, 04:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that is worse than mine lol.

Anyone can "poopsock" nothing stopping someone else from doing the same thing. I personally don't care one way or the other, game isn't that damn important. I won't even wake up to kill a target ( because when i'm done playing, i'm done).

Should i be mad because other people get batphones and wake up to kill a target just because i'm not willing to do it? Cause i'll gladly bitch about that, or bitch that people in other time zones have an advantage on mobs spawning during times that aren't prime playing times for me.

Stop bitching and do something about it imo. Or continue to QQ about someone else playing a game how they want.
No, the point is that one group of terrible players is causing anyone else who wants to play to have to do it their way because of their utter lack of ability to compete....again. The rest of the server is fucking sick of it.

We sat and hammered out a set of rules to avoid this sort of thing, but that doesn't work for people who don't want to have to compete. They cheat the system we worked together to get, and sit on spawnpoints like fucking tools.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your analogy was bad.

Compare it more to:

Group of racers sit at finish line in a race until the gun is fired so no one else can win the race.

No competition, and it's fucking stupid. Every single person doing it should be ashamed of themselves.

Your analogy is flawed. It would be more akin to knowing a foot race was going to be held within the next five days, but no one knows exactly when. You have racer group A sitting at the starting line and racer group B going about their daily routine while leaving someone there to tell them when the starting pistol fires. The group A would be ready to start running the instant the shot fires and the group B would have to first show up to the starting line and then start running.

Group A still has to finish the race, so group B even though they started later still has the opportunity to catch up or overtake group A.

I'll admit this still doesn't exactly fit into the EQ paradigm. The mob's loot doesn't change based on the experience or number of people in a group nor does the encounter (speaking in terms of how the mob fights back, not the particular strategy used to down the mob).
Old 07-21-2011, 04:45 PM
Banned

Eh, it's better than the ticket one, because the guy sitting to get the ticket doesn't watch the concert by himself once he gets the ticket...effectively fucking over anyone else who wants a shot at seeing the show.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
No, the point is that one group of terrible players is causing anyone else who wants to play to have to do it their way because of their utter lack of ability to compete....again. The rest of the server is fucking sick of it.

We sat and hammered out a set of rules to avoid this sort of thing, but that doesn't work for people who don't want to have to compete. They cheat the system we worked together to get, and sit on spawnpoints like fucking tools.
I love you. I bet Roosevelt caused Pearl Harbor and Bush planned the World Trade towers. Elvis and Tupac are still alive. Obama is a muslim terrorist from Kenya.....insert conspiracy here.....
Closed Thread