Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 01:05 PM
Fire Giant

Hows the population of the server? I downloaded/played a bit a year ago, but it wasn't that active.

How close, in your opinion, is it to real classic DAOC?
Old 03-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlvarex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hows the population of the server? I downloaded/played a bit a year ago, but it wasn't that active.

How close, in your opinion, is it to real classic DAOC?
It depends on what time you play, but I haven't seen population drop below 200 even during "dead" hours. It peaks at 900+ and averages at 600-700. If you want accurate figures I think you can use their site to see that kind of info.

The server is as classic as it'll ever get for this game, because not even live's "classic servers" were even remotely classic. Check out the first page of this thread or the forums at uthgard.net, it can answer any questions you have beyond the general info in this thread.

Some SI classes are available and some are not, Spellcrafting and Alchemy are fully implemented, new frontier RAs are in effect, Old Frontiers are the lvl 50 RvR, etc. etc.

Me and a guildie might be playing some lowbie casters (Level 9s) for trying resist debuff caster combos when PvP isn't happening, although we don't let our lower levels stop us from fighting level 50s in the frontiers - so we're quite thorough when looking for action.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 03-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Planar Protector

If anyone still wants to try out Midgard and run with a solid crew, this week's a good time to start!

We've made new chars last night; Runemaster & Spiritmaster, I'll get some more friends to make more chars so we have a decent group to level with. So if you want to see what DAOC PvP is like, don't miss your window - we'll only be low lvls for a couple of days.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
Old 03-08-2013, 10:54 AM
Orc

Is this $15 a month to play?
Old 03-09-2013, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinzu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this $15 a month to play?
It's a free classic-themed DAoC server [uthgard.net], much like Project1999 is for EQ.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:19 AM
Aviak

When I tried this last year, it was wildly unclassic. The server seemed pretty active and stable, but they didn't appear to be at all dedicated to era correctness. Classes from later expansions were in the game and many mechanics didn't work like they should, and these things were not "waiting to be fixed" issues. It'd be like if P99 decided to have AAs, mounts, beastlords and berserkers just for lulz.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

It only has SI classes implemented, classes/crafting from the first expansion that came out in 2002. To be more accurate, its like P99 having Kunark....not AAs, mounts and beastlords.

Here are some screenies for people doubting how Savages work on Uthgard (not quadding often):
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-04-2013, 09:59 PM
Aviak

I'm just starting up - anyone recommend a realm? Thread is really long so don't really wanna go through it all. Anyone wanna lend a hand or group? I know the first 10 levels can be miserable when you can't even afford a decent vendor weapon at first. I'm open to any realm. Would really like to get into this.. or I may just roll on live if I'm not able to.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:07 PM
Aviak

looks like you guys are on midgard - which is my home realm - but if there are others on hib/alb I'm up for that too because a change isn't a bad thing.

How can I contact yall in game?
Old 04-05-2013, 01:57 AM
Aviak

I have a level 50 friar, I'd be down to roll a midgard toon though.

- Acai, Level 45 Ranger of Karana

- Triquetra, Level 55 Shaman of Rallos Zek

http://www.youtube.com/user/dmetz532/videos
Closed Thread