Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 07:53 PM
Sarnak

It's black metal; no need to understand the lyrics. Just bang your head in a circular motion and proceed to the nearest church to set aflame.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:33 PM
Banned

BM is fun. Im usually not in the mood for it everyday though. Favorite probably Burzum. Emperor is good. Immortal is very good. "Sons" is probably favourite BM record.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sckrilla [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's black metal; no need to understand the lyrics.
then why tell us that the lyrics are about everquest?

tbh the excessive amounts of reverb on the vocals and guitar are why i don't like black metal

metal is just a lot better when you can understand what the dude is saying -- see: Opeth. Mikael Akerfeldt's vox are brutal as fuck, but you can still understand what he's saying.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:02 AM
Aviak

This can't be BM, the tracks aren't 18 minutes long. But then again, I admit I only like hipster metal. This honestly is in better taste than most of the posted music drivel I see floating around these forums.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This honestly is in better taste than most of the posted music drivel I see floating around these forums.
truth. my post above may have seemed critical, but i'll take this over the other music threads any day. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-26-2013, 05:23 PM
Sarnak

Get yourself added to this site:

http://www.metal-archives.com/

I'm a big black metal fan and this isn't half bad. Is the Bathory influence direct or indirect?
What crust punk bands did you guys draw influence from?

The NW of US has a pretty big black metal scene, doesn't it?
Old 12-26-2013, 06:54 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csihar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get yourself added to this site:

http://www.metal-archives.com/

I'm a big black metal fan and this isn't half bad. Is the Bathory influence direct or indirect?
What crust punk bands did you guys draw influence from?

The NW of US has a pretty big black metal scene, doesn't it?
Thanks man. Fuck yeah Bathory is a huge influence. I call bullshit on any BM band who would say otherwise, shit is roots.

Crust influences for this project are more D-Beat oriented bands IE Discharge, Wolfbrigade, Skitsystem, Martyrdod, Doom, Pisschrist etc. Personal crust favorite is Dystopia, but pretty far from a influence for Wolvefrost.

NW scene has gotten pretty decent. Alot more bands in recent years. After Wolves in the Throneroom blew up it all got thrown under the "Cascadian Black Metal" tag which started as a joke mocking trve norwegian black metal types but now i guess its another part under the black metal umbrella.

Some goodies are: Ashborer, Skagos, Mania, Wake... My personal favorite is Hell from Salem OR, it's blackened doom/drone but its heavy and evil as shit. So crushing live.
http://loweryourhead.bandcamp.com/album/hell-ii
Old 12-26-2013, 09:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvefrost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks man. Fuck yeah Bathory is a huge influence. I call bullshit on any BM band who would say otherwise, shit is roots.

Crust influences for this project are more D-Beat oriented bands IE Discharge, Wolfbrigade, Skitsystem, Martyrdod, Doom, Pisschrist etc. Personal crust favorite is Dystopia, but pretty far from a influence for Wolvefrost.

NW scene has gotten pretty decent. Alot more bands in recent years. After Wolves in the Throneroom blew up it all got thrown under the "Cascadian Black Metal" tag which started as a joke mocking trve norwegian black metal types but now i guess its another part under the black metal umbrella.

Some goodies are: Ashborer, Skagos, Mania, Wake... My personal favorite is Hell from Salem OR, it's blackened doom/drone but its heavy and evil as shit. So crushing live.
http://loweryourhead.bandcamp.com/album/hell-ii
skagos is pretty damn good so is that linked one. seen until the light takes us?
Old 12-26-2013, 10:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

If you dig Skagos you really should check out Ash Borer.
Reaaaally good. From Arcata CA but some members live in Portland.
Nice dudes, killer records.

As for Until the light takes us,
Many a time. Solid documentary.
Fenriz is such a badass.
Varg is a white supremacist prick who uses the flag of paganism to be a complete racist asshole... But dont get me wrong, I can enjoy SOME bands with NSBM undertones, however I won't give them a cent of my money. And im not going to lie, Dauši Baldrs and Hlišskjįlf are some of my favorite albums to blast during dungeon crawls. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-26-2013, 11:28 PM
Planar Protector

Wolves in the Throneroom was bad ass when i saw them last year