Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 06:38 PM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka
Default Best way to level Defense skills?

Hey I recently rolled a druid on Red. Stayed up for a whole weekend with a dedicated group and hit the mid 40's without soloing a single mob or doing much outside of healing/buffing.

Right now I've been training my evoke/conjure up to usable levels, but the one thing holding me back right now is my defensive melee skills. I get absolutely DESTROYED in melee by green cons 10 levels below me, and I can barely stand more than a few hits from a blue con.

Is there a remotely doable way to level these stats quickly? Have necro pet skillups been nerfed on here like I heard? Can I find an even con friend and level defense through PVP? (I'm on red) my stats are so far behind, that letting myself get hit by blue cons isn't an option unless I want to lose a ton of EXP!

THANKS!
Old 09-10-2014, 10:36 PM
Aviak

Get hit by blues
Whispering their hidden song.
Then you see what cannot be—
Shadows move where light should be.
Out of darkness, out of mind,
Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:40 PM
Aviak

Get some good buffs and let some blues beat you up
Old 09-10-2014, 11:25 PM
Planar Protector

"light blues" can give you defensive skillups also.

On live a pet could give defense skillups, you would see people getting attacked by hasted pets in the arena.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:21 AM
Sarnak

Find a friendly shaman, pay them, have them heal you while their pet beats on you. That's what I did with the various alts/boxes/etc I rolled over the years.

Worked on Live in duels, not 100% sure it will work here.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:02 AM
Sarnak

You're a Druid? Find some low hitting light blue mob, hp and regen yourself, and get beat on while standing on a zone line. Heal yourself while getting beat until you're oom, then zone. Med and repeat. It'll take a while but it's worth it.

Remember it gets harder and harder to fix the higher you go. Defensive skills are something you gotta do as soon as you can get the points.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:01 AM
Planar Protector

Put on a bunch of AC gear and solo xp greens for a while.
As a druid, provided you haven't completely neglected the stat, you might be able to have a few of them swing at you and be able to AoE/DS them down and actually make some xp out of the ordeal.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:16 AM
Fire Giant

Can you train defense at your class trainer?
Old 09-11-2014, 06:47 AM
Planar Protector

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you train defense at your class trainer?
What's wrong with being a pixel pinata~ ? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I dont think it was ever possible to train Defense (& few other skills) via trainer
Old 09-11-2014, 07:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaanka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey I recently rolled a druid on Red. Stayed up for a whole weekend with a dedicated group and hit the mid 40's without soloing a single mob or doing much outside of healing/buffing.

Right now I've been training my evoke/conjure up to usable levels, but the one thing holding me back right now is my defensive melee skills. I get absolutely DESTROYED in melee by green cons 10 levels below me, and I can barely stand more than a few hits from a blue con.

Is there a remotely doable way to level these stats quickly? Have necro pet skillups been nerfed on here like I heard? Can I find an even con friend and level defense through PVP? (I'm on red) my stats are so far behind, that letting myself get hit by blue cons isn't an option unless I want to lose a ton of EXP!

THANKS!
I'd definitely find something that's the lowest blue con you can find, maybe at 40 hit up Mistmoore and scout around til you see something.

Think how fast you got those levels, and just set an hour aside to work it up... you're still well ahead in terms of levels attained for time put in. Boring though, I get that...take the silver lining, you're a healing class. Think about the int casters woes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread