Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 12-09-2014, 12:15 AM
Skeleton

Default Can't jump distances and can't get out of water

I had another player tell me that he was not able to jump over holes. He said that he would jump out just a slight distance and then fall straight down.

I upgraded my processor/motherboard and now I am experiencing the same thing. I also cannot get out of water. When I swim upward to break the surface I just get stuck on the edge of the land/ledge I am trying to get onto.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this?

I am not crazy. I used to jump from one surface to other surfaces regularly. I would climb druid rings and jump from one to another for fun while waiting for a port or family. Now I am not able to jump from one surface to another AT ALL.

Please let me know what I can do to fix this.

Thank you kindly,
Old 12-09-2014, 01:55 AM
Sarnak

You might try decreasing your game's framerate output through the Options Menu under the Display tab. Try putting it somewhere around 40 or 50 FPS. This is useful for a couple of other reasons on P99, as you might otherwise not be able to enter some certain buildings. Old Man EQ can't keep up with these new-fangled pros-a-cessors!
Old 12-09-2014, 06:14 PM
Skeleton

THAT FIXED IT! Thank you SO much! I moved Frames per Second from 100 to 99. Now I can jump and get out of water both!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Old 12-12-2014, 04:50 AM
Kobold

You can sync your in "max frames per second" with your monitor refresh rate. This provides smooth graphics and enables you to gain distance when jumping (if you were plagued with the no jump distance bug). Lowering your max frames also allows for faster mouse look.