Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 09:30 PM
Sarnak

Default Red being easier to GM?

So I have heard in the past that pvp servers take a lot to GM.
After reading the tons of disputes between guilds ksing eachother, trains, etc I just got to thinking. Isn't Red actually EASIER to GM? Shit happens and its more like, just resolve it yourselves and try to pvp over the spawns. The only thing I could think that would be annoying to GM in a pvp server would be trains. But that is on blue anyways.

Just seems like EQ pvp server would be a lot more fun to develop and grow due to the community being able to resolve their own issues over pvp and guildwars unlike blue servers can do.

Discuss.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:37 PM
Fire Giant

It should be easier as long as there isnt a ton of rules
Old 10-23-2011, 10:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah it all depends on the rules.. if training is NOT allowed.. have fun GMing hahaah.. thats the worst.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:44 PM
Banned

There will be less first to engage disputes. There will be more putting in a million "I hate this server and you guys suck at being GMs" QQ petitions that shouldn't get answers. I hope the staff makes it clear what they will and will not respond to :P. People are gonna get all kinds of upset.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Aviak

Seems like there is 10x as much hate on red servers and people petitioning over drama. On TZ most of the petitions were about hacking and training. I imagine these GM's doing more about it than TZ though, it seemed like they stopped responding to petitions completely.

I tested out a blue server and couldn't believe how courteous people were, it sucked.

Stone <Pandemonium>
Retired Druid from Tallon Zek
Old 10-24-2011, 02:33 PM
Sarnak

If you are smart you would want them to keep with no training. I am fd class this round so unless you want to never raid or grp again, stick to no training.

Just sayin.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:36 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melveny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are smart you would want them to keep with no training. I am fd class this round so unless you want to never raid or grp again, stick to no training.

Just sayin.
Going to be training either way, if it's legal I'm worried it's just going to be a train fest though. Might not get anything done.

Stone <Pandemonium>
Retired Druid from Tallon Zek
Old 10-24-2011, 03:04 PM
Sarnak

Certainly will be easier to GM raid zones if they really are FFA and issues are solved by PVP. Only thing they might have to do is enforce anti-training rules if they have them in those zones. Lets them focus on catching cheaters, which is always good on a PVP server.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:06 PM
Banned

Default groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
matt damon
Old 10-24-2011, 04:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Null [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its mostly automated so yea.
Nulls post about someone talking about policing trains. Not sure what it exactly means but sounds like some hard coded stuff to stop/mitigate trains?
Closed Thread