Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 07:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I doubt there is anyone on the entire server that wouldn't donate 5 bucks to have a functioning bazaar in the EC tunnel.
The bazaar was one of the dumbest ideas I've ever seen in an online game. Games out well before EQ had offline trading, and pretty much every game since. No one wants to tie up a computer all day and night just to sell stuff in a video game. Sony had no intention of making things easier/better for the players and did it solely as a way to artificially inflate their active player numbers.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:38 AM
Kobold

I've been playing on and off for several years now on this server, and the drop off in numbers recently is quite apparent.
I've got 3 character, 2 of which can solo fine and they are the ones I end up playing.

Last few times I've been on the population was under 200 most of the time. I was just on recently... Saturday night latish and there were about 250. (Memory tells me there were regularly over 2000 back in 2001 on live)

The zones which I levelled up in classic has about 3 people each. Perhaps 1-2 of a suitable level, and mostly druids and necros.

So my non-solo character is an enchanter. I honestly think I'd have a better chance of getting a group if there were some people boxing. Cos right now I don't get groups. Period.

I had LFG on today (most busy time I've seen in the last week) for at least 4 hours and didn't get any tells. Zero. I am rather skeptical of these people who say they get groups very fast and don't even need to put LFG on. It certainly is the opposite of my experience.

Perhaps instead of saying we need boxing now, I might pose a question...
"How low does the peak server population have to go before people will consider a change".
What if we got 100 on a Saturday night? 50? 25? Or do we just let the server die rather than "cave in".

I don't want that because I have 3 characters I've spent a lot of time on, but I'm scared that is where things are heading.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because every single thing Classic did was amazing and my memories tell me it created an amazing feeling of immersion and that absolutely nothing put in Luclin+ in anyway was a necessary change or improved gameplay at all but in fact broke EQ and my opinion is law.
Glad we can agree on something!
Old 06-24-2012, 11:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not having a bazaar is one of the dumbest ideas I've ever seen in an online game. Games out well before EQ had offline trading, and pretty much every game since. No one wants to sit in EC all day just to sell stuff in a video game.
I totally agree. I'm looking forward to bazaar functionality after Velious as one of the few custom content additions to P99.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

i can tell ya bazaar is one of the things that ruined player interaction and im very very against it . If u dont like to sit in EC and sell there is a few people that sell stuff for people . USE THEM its legit
Old 06-24-2012, 12:28 PM
Aviak

The two boxing rule needs to be reevaluated. So few people play anymore that if you are not in a big/good guild that often times has groups going at all levels you really cannot do hardly anything. I feel like starting a melee character that isn't an uber twink is completely worthless because I don't know enough people that can help him get past 20 very easily. Yes, I could go and sit in a zone for 3-4 hours, but most of the time those zones barely have enough to make even 1 group, let alone many. Plus, Kunark is mainly dead in the low end. Nobody is ever in LOIO or FM, so until you get to about 30 and can go to OT you are screwed.

There are a lot of things that would actually make this server better that weren't "classic." Last time I checked, we have been off the classic patch rotation for nearly a year.

Not everybody has 60 days play time to devote to a character...
Old 06-24-2012, 04:14 PM
Orc

I am in a fairly active guild and recently decided to come back and try to play, and at 54 it is hard to find a group. I have found one group and it was because someone in a guild group was leaving about the time I got on.

Boxing was part of the classic experience, I boxed a friends character after he quit through kunark and beyond.

I would 2 box so I could log on and be productive, and I usually added other players if I was going to be on for a while. This needs to be looked into, maybe only allow 2 logins per IP?

Thanks,
Wildcat
Old 06-24-2012, 05:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladesch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been playing on and off for several years now on this server, and the drop off in numbers recently is quite apparent.
I've got 3 character, 2 of which can solo fine and they are the ones I end up playing.

Last few times I've been on the population was under 200 most of the time. I was just on recently... Saturday night latish and there were about 250. (Memory tells me there were regularly over 2000 back in 2001 on live)

The zones which I levelled up in classic has about 3 people each. Perhaps 1-2 of a suitable level, and mostly druids and necros.

So my non-solo character is an enchanter. I honestly think I'd have a better chance of getting a group if there were some people boxing. Cos right now I don't get groups. Period.

I had LFG on today (most busy time I've seen in the last week) for at least 4 hours and didn't get any tells. Zero. I am rather skeptical of these people who say they get groups very fast and don't even need to put LFG on. It certainly is the opposite of my experience.

Perhaps instead of saying we need boxing now, I might pose a question...
"How low does the peak server population have to go before people will consider a change".
What if we got 100 on a Saturday night? 50? 25? Or do we just let the server die rather than "cave in".

I don't want that because I have 3 characters I've spent a lot of time on, but I'm scared that is where things are heading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdawg06 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The two boxing rule needs to be reevaluated. So few people play anymore that if you are not in a big/good guild that often times has groups going at all levels you really cannot do hardly anything. I feel like starting a melee character that isn't an uber twink is completely worthless because I don't know enough people that can help him get past 20 very easily. Yes, I could go and sit in a zone for 3-4 hours, but most of the time those zones barely have enough to make even 1 group, let alone many. Plus, Kunark is mainly dead in the low end. Nobody is ever in LOIO or FM, so until you get to about 30 and can go to OT you are screwed.

There are a lot of things that would actually make this server better that weren't "classic." Last time I checked, we have been off the classic patch rotation for nearly a year.

Not everybody has 60 days play time to devote to a character...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am in a fairly active guild and recently decided to come back and try to play, and at 54 it is hard to find a group. I have found one group and it was because someone in a guild group was leaving about the time I got on.

Boxing was part of the classic experience, I boxed a friends character after he quit through kunark and beyond.

I would 2 box so I could log on and be productive, and I usually added other players if I was going to be on for a while. This needs to be looked into, maybe only allow 2 logins per IP?

Thanks,
Wildcat
Several more good and honest examples of why two boxing would be more of a boon than a hinderance.

I didn't mention last time when I gave some reasons..I missed out on corpse run.
You grinded through the pain and suffering of making a high 50s or 60 cleric and you can't even jump on real quick to go ressurect yourself.

And also consider the communial potential of it. If I die, I'll log in and res myself and while I'm on I'll get some tells from others needing help. I have two options, I can kindly say 'no I'm busy' or I can take some additional time out after done with my corpse run/revive to help these people if albeit only for a short while. This not only benefits others but it's no real big hassle to me because thanks to being able to manage my own corpse situation, I can spare the time to support others in the game. Some of them will remember that and pay it forward.

So many people afk and idle anyways, what would be the harm in letting us idle secondary characters so people know we're around and can aid them if possible? It's not like there's a running tally of whom has what character/class and what times we play.

This server is becoming more like a few large guilds rather than one decent sized community and it's precisely because those who can get things done go off and do it, and those who can't end up leaving...and rightfully so.

The majority of people whom want to engage in dual boxing are not interested with the mindset to exploit or gain unfair advantage, they just simply want to be able to enjoy the game a bit without all the frustration.

Face it, the majority of us played EverQuest when we were teenagers. We're adults now with full time jobs, families, neighbors, community and endless responsibilities.
The joy in EverQuest is that it was fresh, exciting, different and difficult. Playing again on the emulator let's us reexperience a lot of that, but it also let's us suffer the pains of EverQuest that weren't clever design mechanics but rather over sights and faults of the developers.

We don't have the the time to deal with a lot of the nonsense that happens in the game..there needs to be some counter acting force to balance the needs of the community..some way to adapt the game. And the User Interface, modified code, scripts etc. to me are examples of where the Project 1999 team were trying to make it better.

If 'better but still classic' is the motto, then dual boxing does not hinder that mission.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:08 PM
Sarnak

Yeah if they never allow dual boxing at least, they eventually will lose their population completely.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:14 PM
Banned

why is op banned lol
Closed Thread