Martin is guilty 9 11.39%
Zimmerman not guilty but is a moron 45 56.96%
Martin was murdered in cold blood 10 12.66%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 11:13 AM
Aviak

Default Zimmerman / Martin Shooting

Just curious how this community feels about the shooting. Allot dont care (rightfully so) about this but it has become pretty crazy in the media. Guilty, not guilty.

Zimmermans side. Yea I was looking for him but it wasnt for a fight. The kid confronted me and started a fight. I wouldnt have shot him if he wasnt slaming my head into concrete and reaching for my gun. After the shooting he took a lie detector test and passed the test as to his version of the story.

Martin family side. Our son was shot because he was black and outside with a hoody on. He was a good kid that wasnt looking for a fight. He was just going to the store to get some candy for himself and his brothers. He was just standing up for himself after zimmerman stalked him. He must of felt threatened enough to defend himself. The only reason zimmerman looked at him was because he was black - no other reason. Zimmerman was the person who confronted a unarmed teenager - knowing he was armed himself.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:23 AM
Fire Giant

I'm not 100% sure of any new developments, but from the last time I read about the story, it seemed to me that it was a over zealous "do gooder" with a gun shooting a kid, that may or may not have been threating his life.

The last part is key, if his life was in danger then there is some justification for shooting him, but lets face reality here:

If you have a gun and you're larger, probably have some self-defense course under your belt and you're older and more experienced - I really doubt some black kid half your age and size is threating your life without a weapon. Even..even if he genuinely felt in danger, he could have just shot the kid in the leg, arm, shoulder etc...etc...

Zimmerman is going to have to take responsibility for his actions, because they were poorly thought out.
MassiveMarc: Then we will poopsock in the shade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr View Post
Vox was tanked by hughman in plain sight, we found out that the bard could attack tru the wall there(more lucky than exploit) and we just pilled everyone there.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:54 AM
Aviak

I agree with what you are saying. As far as law goes I dont think there is any mention of needing to "use your hands or fists" to defend yourself. You can sit there and let someone beat you up but the moment the person rises the level of the assult to a point were you can die you can use lethal force.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...53&fr2=piv-web

Here are the head wounds zimmerman had from getting assulted.

The police report shows Martin at 6' - 160lbs. The same report shows Zimmerman at 5' 9". Reguardless of size and weight I believe Zimmerman is a moron. He should of stayed in the car. As far as right and wrong I believe Martin shouldnt have been slaming his head onto concrete. If I was scared for my life I would of got the guy down and looked for an escape route - and high tailed it out of there.

My vote is that Zimmerman didnt break any laws but he is a moron.
I look at it this way. If I have a CCW (conceal carry permit) and I decide to walk down the worste streets in Harlem I am indeed a moron. In the same sentance if someone assults me while doing so and is slaming my head into concrete I can within the law to defend myself with lethal force.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFresh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with what you are saying. As far as law goes I dont think there is any mention of needing to "use your hands or fists" to defend yourself. You can sit there and let someone beat you up but the moment the person rises the level of the assult to a point were you can die you can use lethal force.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...53&fr2=piv-web

Here are the head wounds zimmerman had from getting assulted.

The police report shows Martin at 6' - 160lbs. The same report shows Zimmerman at 5' 9". Reguardless of size and weight I believe Zimmerman is a moron. He should of stayed in the car. As far as right and wrong I believe Martin shouldnt have been slaming his head onto concrete. If I was scared for my life I would of got the guy down and looked for an escape route - and high tailed it out of there.

My vote is that Zimmerman didnt break any laws but he is a moron.
I look at it this way. If I have a CCW (conceal carry permit) and I decide to walk down the worste streets in Harlem I am indeed a moron. In the same sentance if someone assults me while doing so and is slaming my head into concrete I can within the law to defend myself with lethal force.
Only in America can you chase after someone after the police have told you to leave them alone, say that you felt threatened and shoot and kill him and not break any laws.

When you have the opportunity to not even start the encounter and you choose to start it anyways, against the wishes of the authorities, you should not be able to claim that you felt threatened.

I hope he gets ass raped in prison over and over.

Asher
Old 07-19-2012, 12:12 PM
Kobold

well i just wanna know what is a 17 y/o old black kid walking around a white sub urb at 11 o clock at knight with a hoodie on why would u wear a hoodie YOU LIVE IN FLORIDA this kid doesnt look innocent he looks like lil wayne so if he zimmermen did get attack which there is proof saying he did well SHIT HAPPENS period
Old 07-19-2012, 12:14 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only in America can you chase after someone after the police have told you to leave them alone, say that you felt threatened and shoot and kill him and not break any laws.

When you have the opportunity to not even start the encounter and you choose to start it anyways, against the wishes of the authorities, you should not be able to claim that you felt threatened.

I hope he gets ass raped in prison over and over.

Asher
LOL thats awesome. And true.

Look at it this way. How many women take back men who have literally threatened there life and beaten there woman. When the woman takes them back do they not have a ability to defend themselves now that they put themselves in harms way.

Zimmerman had no way of knowing he would be punched and beaten. It appears that he felt comfortable following at a distance until the confrontation began.

If I had this poll and the 911 operator was someone of authority then my vote would of changed over to he was guilty of disobeying a police order that resulted in the death of another person. The problem is the operator was a random volunteer dispatcher - these are regular people like you or me giving orders - they hold no weight as a legal order.

We use the words "chase" and that gives us the idea of two people running one after the other. This situation wasnt that - it was a young man walking quick with another guy trying to keep an eye on him. In my mind that isnt "starting the confrontation".
If a group of young peope were outside of your home on the street (not your property) is it illegal to walk up and ask them what they are doing and why? No. Is it foolish and a bad idea - absolutely yes. Are you starting a confrontation - all how you look at it. If they start attacking you after this happens and you fight back and one dies (by a gun / knife / fist) does this make you the criminal or the victim.
Last edited by LordFresh; 07-19-2012 at 12:22 PM..
Old 07-19-2012, 01:05 PM
Banned

As with any story, the truth is somewhere in the middle. Martin was obviously up to no good. Zimmerman was probably pissed about previous vandals.

The one thing that zimmerman will have a hard time with is that the 911 operator told him not to pursue and he did anyways.

Manslaughter at worst here.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arillious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As with any story, the truth is somewhere in the middle. Martin was obviously up to no good. Zimmerman was probably pissed about previous vandals.

The one thing that zimmerman will have a hard time with is that the 911 operator told him not to pursue and he did anyways.

Manslaughter at worst here.
Sorry, I haven't been keeping up on the story. Why was he obviously up to no good? Because he was black? Was it the skittles? The hoodie?

Asher
Old 07-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Banned

hes def a moron, authorities said not to pursue and he did anyway. but arillious is right, the truth probably is somewhere in the middle however I still think what zimmerman did was wrong. if zimmerman would have been black and the kid was white, bet he would already be locked away even if the white kid was a gangster wanna be. bottom line he killed a kid, even if the teen was a shit head yet people are throwing money at him. wad da fuk.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseBanned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hes def a moron, authorities said not to pursue and he did anyway. but arillious is right, the truth probably is somewhere in the middle however I still think what zimmerman did was wrong. if zimmerman would have been black and the kid was white, bet he would already be locked away even if the white kid was a gangster wanna be. bottom line he killed a kid, even if the teen was a shit head yet people are throwing money at him. wad da fuk.
As far as legal - who is the criminal? Who was the first person to break the law? Remember the 911 operator wasnt a person of authority - It was just a operator.

Also I agree with you. If martin killed Zimmerman he would be in jail. But this is something all together wrong with the legal system. IMO its like any middle eastern person trying to get onto a aircraft now. This certain race of people have been known to have issues - so naturally you look at them diffrent than a middle ages red haired ginger getting onto a aircraft.

In america a black youth is up to 3 times more likely to be arrested for a crime than a white youth.
Last edited by LordFresh; 07-19-2012 at 01:35 PM..
Closed Thread