Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 11:37 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
$OE had 9 years to realize what a great game they had. They wanted to ram their cocks (51/50) down our throats instead of inviting back a HUGE base of players that wanted some type of classic experience. They can suck a dick and choke on a load. $15 a month, in my opinion, would be much better spent donating here. I'm mad, brew.
Aye, donate money to a GOOD cause.
Are we all just slaves to the system?
Us and them and after all were just ordinary men.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJJJ7ec1eAo
"Freedom cannot exist in the world of Capitalism any more than a fish can live out of water."
Old 02-03-2011, 12:06 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecometus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also this:

"Currently we don't plan to re-enable items left on corpses. We may put this up for a vote some time after the server launches though."

Poosays.
Man....I guess I had no idea how live EQ is nowadays? Do you still lose exp?
Old 02-03-2011, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

What's holding us back from throwing racial slurs here? If you don't like it, don't say anything. The person is obviously giving people a heads up. If you don't want to go back, DON'T. But don't be telling people how to spend their money.

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Developer

If they had a fixed 1 year per expansion ... maybe. If I needed to blaze through an expansion every 60-90 days to keep up, no thanks.

90 days, 60 days, it will become the same as the other progression servers.

Too many expansions, too fast is what killed EQ.

The voting is a great idea. But only if it drags out when expansions are released.

H
Old 02-03-2011, 12:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree that Discord was one of the best things SOE ever did with the game, despite all the bs cheating and GMs not giving two shits about it. However, my point is; SOE's version of a classic server is not as classic as it sounds.
Fun Fact about Discord Server:

The winners were never given the "advertised" prize of having an item named after them!!!
Old 02-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Sarnak

ill play if i can get a guise of the deceiver... /end
Old 02-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Kobold

Server sounds fantastic. Totally stoked, they are really putting a lot of attention to detail on Fippy.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmartigan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ill play if i can get a guise of the deceiver... /end
exactly. this server is already old.. no more guise, mistwalker, pegi cloak isn't insta cast. I need TRUE CLASSIC!
Old 02-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderdale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
exactly. this server is already old.. no more guise, mistwalker, pegi cloak isn't insta cast. I need TRUE CLASSIC!

That would be the only reason I would give it a go, but even then it's slim...They collected enough of my money over the years.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

It'll be the same as the other prog servers, a quick way to make a buck or two. At no point do they care about the integrity of the game, or the opinions of their player base.

Hell, on the prog server you had all those zones, but everyone was exping in stonebrunt, the warrens, jagged pine, the hole. All because the exp was the best in those zones.

I'm sceptical about the TLP server, but at the same time some of my fondest EQ memories were from the combine... will i be playing it? Doubtful, but with the servers being time locked, i'll always be able to log on and catch up. Also SoE will probably finally realise that they can make more money now by releasing older content on their servers to try and gather old-time players who don't like modern MMO's.

Not sure how they're gonna do the whole manastone / guise of deceiver thing on the TLP, will be interesting to see.

I enchant things...
Closed Thread