Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 01:29 PM
Sarnak

lol you guys take this server WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too seriously. how you guys allow the in-game actions of a GAME affect ur REAL LIFE attitude/mood just blows my mind. can always get a good laugh reading these forums and seeing how much this GAME affects peoples real lives.
PS. people that use RL cash to buy stuff in a game completely baffles me and is quite comical
Old 05-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjlent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PS. people that use RL cash to buy stuff in a game completely baffles me and is quite comical
id never do it, but it doesnt baffle me - nor should it baffle anyone.

how many hours have all of us spent trying to get the gear/levels these people are paying for.

If we assume 1000 plat would take an hour at an uncontested Seafury spawn, and 1000 plat costs let's guess $15?

Im pretty sure most of us are making 15+/h in real life, so at least the RMTers have their priorities straight.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
id never do it, but it doesnt baffle me - nor should it baffle anyone.

how many hours have all of us spent trying to get the gear/levels these people are paying for.

If we assume 1000 plat would take an hour at an uncontested Seafury spawn, and 1000 plat costs let's guess $15?

Im pretty sure most of us are making 15+/h in real life, so at least the RMTers have their priorities straight.
Everquest is one of the games that really encourages RMTing because the gearing is so terrible. You can't get level appropriate gear the way the game is designed. Almost nothing worth wearing is soloable, and by the time you get a group and fight to a place where something spawns some ultra high level has already walked past all the mobs and is spawning the rare for cash. Take the flowing black silk sash for instance. The first real haste item you can get your hands on. I'd love to see a group of lvl 40 chars get in there and take the camp. Not impossible, but very impractical. And good luck getting the camp from the lvl 60 necro that has it locked down.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Banned

Any lvl 60 necro camping fbss

is a fuckin idiot
Old 05-10-2012, 03:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikerz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not trashy, it's effective. If you glanced at the forum and saw something like THIS you would be much less likely to try anything that might break the rules.

Is it trashy to require a public registry of sex offenders?
going with the sex offender registry might have been to narrow an example.

Most states have public criminal records data bases you can search on the internet.

you can find out some interesting shit on people you work with or friends / family.

Also a good way to figure out who is a piece of shit irl.. so why not in a video game.

From reading their responses though.. the only reason they don't want to publish a list is they would have to admit they might make a mistake every once in a while and wouldn't be able to hold onto the illusion that they are perfect.

Much easier to pretend you are perfect than apologize for the occasional mistake amirite.
Closed Thread