Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Put an end to account buying and selling?
Yes 273 70.18%
No 116 29.82%
Voters: 389. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Barkingturtle, this has nothing to do with jealousy. You want to side track the issue and make it about that. This has to do with the game. You know outside of EC tunnel where people kill things and advance their character. How do up and coming toons get a chance at content when the guilds can jut buy the accounts they need and can exclude others from content? Who do they group with? What about the players who come here and leave due to the COMPLETLY non classic EC tunnel account trades. Someone sees this and they immediately think pay to win which has ruined plenty of other games.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This whole argument boils down to sour grapes. People get jealous when they see others spending more plat than they themselves have, and accumulating things they can't have. Maybe you indigent folks should play the game as it is rather than demanding changes simply because you can't control your own greed impulses.
Nope.

Just noticing some odd reactions, and commenting.

Your reaction here is quite strong, by the way.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't tell you how to play the game. Who are you to tell us how to play it?
well put
Old 04-30-2013, 06:32 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyryllis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
terrible idea, would end up with a lower population

plenty of people get tired of their 60 whatever and want to play another class, so they can sell/trade for a more desirable class to play.

without account trading/selling a lot of people would simply stop playing because not everyone has the time/energy to re-lvl a completely new class to 60.
This exactly. Better roll a solo class or get used to sitting with that LFG tag on at mid to high levels.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah there you go, someone says something you don't like have them banned. You must have some strong points to support your side.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
forum ban?
If that results in a forum ban, then my pictionary post would result in mine.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist_santa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Barkingturtle, this has nothing to do with jealousy. You want to side track the issue and make it about that. This has to do with the game. You know outside of EC tunnel where people kill things and advance their character.
Again, you're defining the "game" for everyone else. As I said, the tunnel is the single feature that makes classic EQ unique. Go play another game if your primary focus isn't the tunnel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist_santa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do up and coming toons get a chance at content when the guilds can jut buy the accounts they need and can exclude others from content? Who do they group with? What about the players who come here and leave due to the COMPLETLY non classic EC tunnel account trades. Someone sees this and they immediately think pay to win which has ruined plenty of other games.
I'm not gonna kid you--I've been here since day one and I do not care about new people as much as I value the established folks who have been here for years and have proved they will be in the future. If a newb is so easily dissuaded from playing they should probably be playing a different game, anyway. One without a tunnel.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:36 PM
Orc

Quote:
Struck a nerve did we? It wasn't addressed at you but lets just be honest if you are looking for an economy game there are better alternatives. I mean honestly who is going to miss toons who sit in EC all day spamming up the place? Come fight dragons or get out of the way. If your services actually improved the server we would not be having this conversation.
Who is going to miss the EC sellers spamming up the place? The same pussbags that whined when Sony put the bazaar in the game.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If that results in a forum ban, then my pictionary post would result in mine.
Reported.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uggme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, newer players get items raiders want or are too lazy to get themselves. New players profit. Old player with plat to spare uses it. Win / win for all. old item costs will stay down for newbies due to how common they are and the fact that they themselves can camp it under a lot of circustances.

Using "its good to spread the wealth" is not a reason to keep account sales in place. It's an excuse.
SSB comes to mind, great helm everyone wants easy to camp if your a solo class. I remember it being a few hundred, now i think it goes for a few k? how is a new player that rolls a tank going to be able to afford that?

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Closed Thread