Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 11:27 PM
Sarnak

Default Chain summoning 39-60 questions

First noob question: below 50 do I use fire or earth (w/ DS?)?

Second: Since the fire pet's usefulness gets gutted after 49, is it viable to just chain cast it at 50-53+ mobs (both old world and Kunark) or would the 51+ earth pet with my DS/DW daggers/burnout be more efficient in the long run?

I'm basically just trying to get a sense of what playing will be like if I keep leveling my 24 mage. I do like chain summoning so I hope I get to use that into Kunark in some way. Thanks for any help you can provide!
Old 06-10-2011, 11:30 PM
Fire Giant

reroll
Old 06-10-2011, 11:37 PM
Sarnak

Lulz
Old 06-11-2011, 12:04 AM
Orc

Innate dual pet wielding is currently removed from the game, so chain summoning really isnt worth it currently, as you'd need to give each pet 2 weapons
fire is best up to early 50's, unsure whether its water or air thats best after that, one of them is a rogue, but either 3 of earth air and water are good, just depends on your situation
Old 06-11-2011, 12:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackflare [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Innate dual pet wielding is currently removed from the game, so chain summoning really isnt worth it currently, as you'd need to give each pet 2 weapons
fire is best up to early 50's, unsure whether its water or air thats best after that, one of them is a rogue, but either 3 of earth air and water are good, just depends on your situation
Well, he's right about the nerf. It's still more efficient than healing your pet, though, if you cannot possibly outheal the mob anyway before it kills your pet. (Ie pretty much anything level 46+)

49 firepet is most efficient up to level 53 when you get Air, which is the best right up until level 59 airpet. They just own waterpet dps. Unfortunately it's also one of the two staves that most people will never get due to rarity of efreeti staff.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xshayla701 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
reroll
Old 06-11-2011, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

Default Ha

Chain summoning is pretty much the same shit all you have to do is back pet up open trade. No it isnt the same retard leveling like before, but atleast you cant fall asleep while leveling. Summon pet> Summon two daggers, give to pet>Summon another two daggers and leave both on crusor to wait for chain summon. Wow! An extra two casts of a 3 second spell!!!!
Old 06-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Kobold

You can still chain fire (the lvl 49 pet, not the 50+ shitty fire pets) well into your 50s. It is just more work as the above poster mentioned because you need to engage pet, and then run away to give yourself a second or two to trade 2 daggers. Once mob is dead, resummon a few daggers (that are like all of 10 mana) and rinse/repeat.

Because I have the fire staff from PoHate, I found that using the 49 fire pet was normally better than the unfocused 53 air pet and way better than the unfocused 51 earth. 57 earth finally has the kind of melee DPS that I can live with, so I've been using that more and more. Assuming that once I hit 59 and get the air pet that it will be the one I use 99% of the time.
Closed Thread