Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 05:17 AM
Kobold

Default Wanna start on red

So I play blue actively but I would love to try out red.

I have a necro lvl 2 or something haha but how hard is it to get started here?
I mean like I don't like starting over and stuff it's a pain and I feel like the grind is gonna suck. Are there a lot of places that people grp at? Who should I look out for(grief)?

How come necros aren't popular here?

I have tons more questions but no time I'll post more later
Old 08-17-2014, 05:18 AM
Planar Protector

Because necros are a terrible class. Dispel protection doesn't work, resist coding is fucked.

Starting out here? Enchanter, mage or druid.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:28 AM
Sarnak

Just started out as a paladin...life is rough, but you deal with it. I think most of the server is top heavy so it should get better later on. message me in game if you need a few pp, i have a little to spare.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:03 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

Also even if a necro is able to kill somebody there's a good chance they can zone before they die if dotted, so you won't get the yellow text credit for your labor (or be able to coin loot? never played one so not sure)

but welcome, and I'd agree with

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiNGloriouS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanter, mage or druid.
are good suggestions imo because you'll be able to make money and level quickly regardless of your gear/group status (although grouping when you can will give you the better xp bonus); often the best xp and best chance of grps are found in zones where griefers are (ex. Unrest, MM, Kurns)
Last edited by Laugher; 08-17-2014 at 09:05 AM..
Old 08-17-2014, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

Roll mage, you will need no gear to level. Get 46+ and farm seafuries til you can found what u wana roll.
Or roll a enchanter, everyone will want you in their group and you will be a farming monster in the future.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Roll mage, you will need no gear to level. Get 46+ and farm seafuries til you can found what u wana roll.
Or roll a enchanter, everyone will want you in their group and you will be a farming monster in the future.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:53 AM
Skeleton

If you're gonna roll a small armor wearing melee in or near Gfay, message me on Toopac, I can give you a full set of bronze and a FS wep. If you're a normal size armor wearer, I can still give you some pieces and a FS wep.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:53 AM
Fire Giant

I started here as a Bard. Not sure if they fixed AoE kiting or not but it was fast as shit. I mean if this is a classic* server then technically AoE kiting wasn't fixed until like LoY expansion so they shouldn't ever be nerfed here.

But as a 2nd choice I'd go with Enchanter or Druid for ports / farming. You can play a few weeks as one of those classes and have plenty of cash to support a necro.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

I thought we got over bring a necro on this server. If new resist code comes in, yes. And why would you have to fund a necro? Their like mages already and need no gear to start
Old 08-17-2014, 12:25 PM
Banned

Go iksar necro, resist changes incoming and necro will be powerful + ez to solo independent class
Closed Thread