Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know about Amelinda, but I like to vicariously ban people so I can later beat off to their sad song posts about how they were treated unfairly. It really adds that extra oomph to it!
If I was a GM I would close my eyes and pick a letter from the alphabet. First person I see with a name starting with it gets banned. Of course this would promptly follow a beer-can head smash and the kicking of a small domesticated animal.

99% of kitties hate GM's.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:24 PM
Fire Giant

come on guys be nice he has NOTHING LEFT !

<< Hassel the Hoff - Druid of the 55th Grind >>
<< Kassel the Koff - Monk of the 52st Train >>
Old 10-18-2011, 06:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It does though because Froog is painting this as a lynch case. Trial and execution without any proof.

What mistakes were made?

Amelinda said she had been watching them box for some time. They demanded proof and when none was supplied they assumed it was for tinfoil hat reasons. Were they expecting a list of sins written on a golden scroll? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What does the GM have to gain by banning the innocent? If they were wrong, and the evidence supplied by Froog was even somewhat plausible they would likely open the account back up for investigation. This isn't a cover-up for the GM's to save face.

If it walks like a 2boxer and talks like a 2boxer it's probably a 2boxer.
So it seems you are of the opinion that in this instance, there's no way the GM in question could have made a mistake....

Regardless of your answer I will repeat that "incentive" doesn't play a role. No one is saying she banned an innocent person on purpose. It was likely either a ban that was done with irrefutable evidence or it was a ban done with evidence that, if examined, would be iffy at best - a ban hammer mistakenly thrown.

IF it was a mistake, at this point it is also likely she is not going to go back and examine the evidence. Like so many others that are often proven wrong, it's easier to deny and dig your heals in defending your stance then it is to actually step back, listen, and admit a mistake was made. Happens ALL the time, in every aspect of life, which is also why I said to Froog that regardless of whether he is guilty or not, it's probably best to stop wasting his energy on this and move on.
Last edited by Labyrrinth; 10-18-2011 at 06:39 PM..
Old 10-18-2011, 06:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know about Amelinda, but I like to vicariously ban people so I can later beat off to their sad song posts about how they were treated unfairly. It really adds that extra oomph to it!
Ok, this one made me lol
Old 10-18-2011, 07:20 PM
Sarnak

How is this thread still open :|
Old 10-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

this thread is a valuable cultural contribution to the server's legacy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

P.S. To be fair, the fact that you saw someone standing over a dead body with a gun, does not in any way proves that person in question is an actual murderer. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-18-2011, 07:31 PM
Banned

Yes, it is quite interesting that nilbog and Uth were for strict punishment, but it didn't happen.

interesting indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labyrrinth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Derail!~ If this is true, and there's no reason at all to believe otherwise, coupled with the fact that we know Uth voted to perma ban the cheaters, it's very telling indeed.

Back on track - Good luck Froog. Honestly at this point I can picture the GM in question to just dig her heels in regardless. I'd suggest you stop wasting your energy on this and move on.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Aviak

Amelinda sounds like she is on a permanent period, what a cunt!
Old 10-18-2011, 08:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont know about boxing by my 2.5 year old knows where the directional arrows are and loves to drown/kill me when I go AFK for short periods of time.

Asher
LOL my 4yo has done this
Falisaty Shagswell mage of 10 winters
"O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade that, with it, thou mayest blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." Armaments 2:9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos View Post
my dick would look huge in her hand
Old 10-19-2011, 06:49 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labyrrinth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
which is also why I said to Froog that regardless of whether he is guilty or not, it's probably best to stop wasting his energy on this and move on.
Ya, you are probably right. I guess I should try to start over here, and keep the hope alive that a gm will look intio into the matter at some point.

Thank you to everyone who posted support here and in PM's. It helped great deal to know that the sense of community that was so prevailant in the beginning of this server hasn't been totally lost.
Sigh, time to be on the opposite side here.

Although this hurts my pride, the thought of starting all over again with zilch on a well established server specially after losing everything seems worse.

If anyone has any lowbie mage itms they can spare or even a few platt for spells >< I would greatly appreciate it. I can promise you I will pay you back at some point, but it might take a while. or if you prefer, I can do what we asked of people when we gave out stuff, I can "pay it forward" when I am in a better position to do so.

If you think you might have something you can spare, toss me a PM or a tell IG, I decided to play a class that i havent yet on Classic and I started a mage named Forlorn.
Closed Thread