Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 06:49 PM
Sarnak

Sorry but i dont beleive you. KEEP THE BANHAMMER!
Old 10-12-2011, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

I say give him the benefit of the doubt (as if it matters what I say). I know the feeling of being wrongly banned - if anyone has ever played Wyvern online, you know Arilou. Well he recommended Teshuvah permanently ban one of my characters because of an accident and told me flat out "I think you're lying" when I tried explaining what had happened. I still have a screenshot of the mail he sent me saying that.

I think it's an interesting story, so if you're interested: As a low level I used a Summon Shoggoth scroll (high level summon, lets you clear entire high level areas) in desperation in a random dungeon, but everything happened so fast that I died before it took effect, and I found myself in the nearby church with a now useless Shoggoth that cost a lot of money at my low level. Yeah, the game sucked that way. I figured I'd log for the night, not knowing that unlike other games like EQ your summons in Wyvern not only stick around after you log, but turn hostile too. This Shoggoth apparently killed all low levels who appeared in the church, and as that's the place where you're resurrected after dying they wound up in death loops.

How the hell was I supposed to know it would stick around and turn hostile? No other game does that. After explaining it to Arilou in an appeal of the ban the next day, he said he thought I did it on purpose to grief, lied about Teshuvah repeatedly warning me about it (which never happened, I was logged off for the night. Either Arilou lied or Teshuvah lied to him about warning me), and accused me of lying with that "story", and so he told Teshuvah to ban my character permanently. Not long after this incident they changed it so you couldn't summon in churches.

My vindication is that the game is currently offline, has been for months and might be permanently gone.

It's an awful feeling, knowing you didn't do what you're accused of doing and nobody believes you.

A lot of people play MMORPGS on the same IP so it's not like this story is far-fetched. Give him the benefit of the doubt and save him from the awful feeling I once had myself.

EDIT: spoiler tags don't work [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-12-2011, 09:33 PM
Sarnak

So they banned you for griefing, or banned you for being a dumbass. Either way you deserved it.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:57 PM
Orc

The thought of a kid under 12 playing EQ kind of blows my mind. When I was 7 years old, I probably hadn't even thought of the possibility yet of playing an online RPG. We had DOS-based games, and classic D&D. I remember using BASIC to make my own text-based RPGs on my Apple IIe when I was about 10 years old.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:35 PM
Sarnak

When I played p99, I would see people running around the newbie zone with a cleric on /follow. I am sure your wife/grandma/brother/dog was just afk for a moment.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The thought of a kid under 12 playing EQ kind of blows my mind. When I was 7 years old, I probably hadn't even thought of the possibility yet of playing an online RPG. We had DOS-based games, and classic D&D. I remember using BASIC to make my own text-based RPGs on my Apple IIe when I was about 10 years old.
I was like 10 or 11 back when i first played EQ classic. I never made it past 30 though =/
Old 10-12-2011, 10:46 PM
Aviak

Regardless of whether your story is true, I can't get over the absurdly melodramatic title of this thread. I almost feel embarrassed just reading it.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Fire Giant

Troll or not this guy put in some real effort. Let him come back for pitty's sake.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:22 AM
Planar Protector

So I haven't read every post... mainly the long ones or any I deemed stupid for one reason or another, but ya KNOW~ just because some random person says the boxing test is "run in two different directions" doesn't mean that's the actual test... ya KNOW that, right? Some of you guys are kinda running away with it there :P
Old 10-13-2011, 12:23 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Amelinda is one of the Guiding Hands of KA. You were banned for a reason, scum.