Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 03-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Orc

Default Feared mobs able to parry/riposte/dodge

Hey guys,

I'm not 100% sure that this isn't working as intended, but from my memory of 10 years ago this is a bug. Mobs will still parry/riposte/dodge (including doing damage on their ripostes) when feared.

My main was a mage on live, so I didn't have a ton of experience fear kiting, but I had a buddy who was a necro and we did a fair amount of kiting together -- I distinctly remember when we were deciding whether to fear or aggro kite that one of the advantages of fear kiting was that the pets would hit a lot more often because the mob would not use any "active" defense moves. The pets would either hit or miss, nothing else. It's possible this was changed at some point (I played up until Luclin came out), but I thought we could look into it.

A quick google search turns up this thread: http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1888 that seems to confirm it.

This is confirmed with Paineel Skele Guards -- they are still parrying/riposting/dodging when feared. I don't have a log/SS at the moment, but I'll get those and post them as well.