Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 05-04-2015, 02:00 PM
Banned

Missing from patch notes on the two most common sites we use here for verifying but charm and fear were removed very early

Here's a fellow in 2000 asking what he can do vs necros without being able to use charm/fear anymore:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/.../messages/2304

Another long read about a guy that pvped before and after charm/fear was changed to not work on players (post is from 2001):
http://thefuzzsz.tripod.com/pklife.htm

Source:
Quote:
November 15th, 2:00pm

*PvP and PvP-Teams*

Any spell that results in a "Fear" or "Charm" effect may no longer be cast on other players. Please note that this change will only be active on Rallos Zek (PvP), Tallon Zek, and Vallon Zek (PvP-Teams).
Malosini being broken is gone and BK moved to necro pullin' this stuff... no surprises here

PS: most recent source has some good stuff in it, worth a read if there's anything of interest report it
Last edited by Nirgon; 05-04-2015 at 02:10 PM..
Old 05-04-2015, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You think players could be charmed and feared all through Kunark? 8)

Final answer?

AoE fear btw
Yes on many PvP servers you could, as the patch notes indicate. If you are not willing to accept direct patch notes as evidence of such I do not know what to tell you.

The are many mechanics currently in place that are as ridiculous as a bards aoe fear song being used in pvp. Remember Fear is totally usable in Everquests successor world of warcraft so it is not as far fetched as your trying to make it out to be.

Setting resists below the average gear ratio is ridiculous, using the argument because "It's Classic" is ridiculous. But if you wish to rigidly adhere to classic levels regardless of how ridiculous it is in the current environment, than you must accept all ridiculous classic mechanics, and not pick and choose the ones that benefit your class or guild the most.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syft-X [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes on many PvP servers you could, as the patch notes indicate. If you are not willing to accept direct patch notes as evidence of such I do not know what to tell you.
You've been wrong about this as of: November 15th, 2:00pm

It's in the patch notes, zam doesn't have all of them (like the plane of hate zone out one).

PS: I'm very aware the server timeline is not entirely classic.. something about the server being free, people having stressful development jobs and contributing as much time as they can for free.... answer is somewhere in there..
Old 05-04-2015, 02:28 PM
Banned

syft currently trying to lawyer-doctor resists into a non-classic state

syft is killing the server

please ban
Old 05-04-2015, 02:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You've been wrong about this as of: November 15th, 2:00pm

It's in the patch notes, zam doesn't have all of them (like the plane of hate zone out one).

PS: I'm very aware the server timeline is not entirely classic.. something about the server being free, people having stressful development jobs and contributing as much time as they can for free.... answer is somewhere in there..
I'm grateful for all the patches the developers are able to institute, in their extremely limited time.

That's why it's so troublesome to the server when players try to alter the coding to further their own agendas, asking for ridiculous changes that unfairly sway pvp and waste the developers time.

I don't see how I can be wrong about patch notes clearly stated on Zams, not all servers had the same rules and there would be no need to state Fear and Charm have been removed from pvp if they were removed earlier from every pvp server.

I don't think it's unrealistic to say we should arrive at a level of balance that adheres to the Classic Ideals of PvP, without using the "It's Classic" argument to waste the staffs time in a effort to lawyer-doctor the code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
syft currently trying to lawyer-doctor resists into a non-classic state

syft is killing the server

please ban
Please refrain from RnF trolling in bug reports, the proper venue for this is Rants and flames and trolling acts as hindrance to the developers. They are already limited enough in their time to code this server they should not be forced to sift(pardon the pun) through immature rants on these forums to collect valuable data.

My pvp experience and knowledge of live mechanics is extensive and I don't think anyone's input should be edited based on personal grievances.
Last edited by Syft-X; 05-04-2015 at 02:44 PM..
Old 05-04-2015, 02:43 PM
Banned

I just posted the patch note where they removed it

Did you read it?
Old 05-04-2015, 02:54 PM
Banned

One thing I have to agree with is resists. Classic? Yes. But is the server classic? No. Recharging clickys and trak teeth cant be used. Not classic.

If kunark wasnt around for 4 years this wouldnt be a issue, but with alot of people in bis(close to) it just makes pvp dumb.

Would be nice to see casters doing full damage or just a bump in resists period.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:00 PM
Banned

i'm a big fan of our current style of "classic unless it ruins the game like recharging and trak teeth"
Old 05-04-2015, 03:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I just posted the patch note where they removed it

Did you read it?
That was only in regards to AOE fear, as you can clearly see Fear and Charm were not removed from pvp until 2002 which is way after Velious era.

It was a clever attempt to lawyer doctor but I never made reference to aoe Fear, you did. I merely showed patch notes regarding Fear and Charm.

And as i have stated I don't believe they should be instituted, I'm merely showing how sticking rigidly to "It's Classic" is not realistic considering the servers current state, and if you are going to argue for unrealistic changes that disrupt server pvp balance you cannot pick and choose what YOU personally want. That's not good for the server that's bias.
Last edited by Syft-X; 05-04-2015 at 03:22 PM..
Old 05-04-2015, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Sektor

Nirgon and Colgate posting their own agenda's this shit aint cool and i seriously hope these devs do something about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffpuppy View Post
Saint Sektor cleansing the server of sick humans. This guy deserves VIP / Contributor status.