Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 05-19-2015, 01:59 PM
Banned

I know you don't want this change but this is proof
Old 05-19-2015, 02:29 PM
Developer

LoS checks at beginning of cast are enforced by client too. Taking out the server side los checks wont change this issue.

H
Old 05-19-2015, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LoS checks at beginning of cast are enforced by client too. Taking out the server side los checks wont change this issue.

H
Thanks H please move to resolved because I am right and Nirgy never posted proof.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-19-2015, 02:57 PM
Developer

I didn't say its beyond fixing. Enjoy your little timers that show on ur buffs. When winter comes, they will go.

H
Old 05-19-2015, 02:58 PM
Developer

PS. I wont remove the LOs checks on begin casting without removing z checks on combat too.

H
Old 05-19-2015, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Haynar did you play EQ PvP?

If you did do you remembered this no LoS check on initial cast?
Old 05-19-2015, 03:11 PM
Banned

Pikrib, don't put words in my mouth u fuking maggot.

I'm saying that from what I recall, the shock series of mage spells needed a LOS check at the beginning of the spells, while the bolt series needed one at the beginning and end. My memory of a 15 year old elf simulator is obviously circumspect, as is everybody's. That's why such lengthy and verifiable evidence is required for changes.

But there's alot of caveats for what I said. Bolts were notorious for never landing due to elevation changes in terrain or even hitting objects such as trees. Not to mention how water operated on Live.
Last edited by MEGANS LAW; 05-19-2015 at 03:16 PM..
Old 05-19-2015, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGANS LAW [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pikrib, don't put words in my mouth u fuking maggot.

I'm saying that from what I recall, the shock series of mage spells needed a LOS check at the beginning of the spells, while the bolt series needed one at the beginning and end. My memory of a 15 year old elf simulator is obviously circumspect, as is everybody's. That's why such lengthy and verifiable evidence is required for changes.

But there's alot of caveats for what I said. Bolts were notorious for never landing due to elevation changes in terrain or even hitting objects such as trees. Not to mention how water operated on Live.
Hrm, I didn't think I put words into yur mouth. Nirgon is saying that spells didn't need a LoS check upon initial cast. You are saying that they did.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikrib [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hrm, I didn't think I put words into yur mouth. Nirgon is saying that spells didn't need a LoS check upon initial cast. You are saying that they did.
I'm saying I recall them requiring a LOS check at the beginning of cast for the shock series. I've been wrong before especially since I was like 14 when I started playing EQ and knew shit about video games and was also high 75% of the time I played.

I'm siding with Syft on the argument but Nirgon has a powerful counterargument as well. Need more evidence and more knowledgeable peoples to contribute.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Obviously beneficial heal/buff spells were different and could go through walls. Which is 99% of what I cast.

Pells were flagged beneficial so they might not require LoS if cast in pvp either.