Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 10-04-2011, 03:32 AM
Sarnak

Default Nullify Magic

Nullify Magic, is being resisted i'd say 2 outta 5 times on LOWER LVL players... On Live this was defintely not the case, the spell was rarely resisted if ever (if memory serves me correct only on Spite Golems) most certainly not players.

This is a key spell for pvp/dispelling pets..

And as Envious says you CANNOT dispell your own pets.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:13 PM
Banned

Players shouldnt be resisting this. Like he says only mobs like spite golem, stone spider etc. iirc even in planes of power with jacked up resists you couldn't resist a dispel as a player.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Banned

i was unable to find nullfiy magic ( The spell ) For sale anywhere btw
Old 10-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Sarnak

Dispels shouldn't be resistable at all. There isn't meant to be a resist check. It basically functions like a beneficial spell.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockscar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dispels shouldn't be resistable at all. There isn't meant to be a resist check. It basically functions like a beneficial spell.
What does the number mean in parenthesis?

Recant Magic:

1: Cancel Magic (9)
2: Cancel Magic (9)
3: Cancel Magic (9)
4: Cancel Magic (9)

Pillage Enchantment:

1: Cancel Magic (4)
2: Cancel Magic (4)
3: Cancel Magic (4)
4: Cancel Magic (4)

Taper Enchantment:

1: Cancel Magic (0)
Old 10-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Sarnak

Think it has something to do with how they changed dispels much later. It shouldn't be relevant to this server AFAIK because dispels always target the first buff(s) from the right. The only thing that matters is the number of dispels applied by the various spells. I believe the numbers in parantheses are just there because the spell data is copy-pasted from Lucy/Allakhazam. I think every buff and debuff received a number of "dispel counters", much like poison and disease counters vs. cures, to determine what could actually be removed by a given dispel spell - i.e you probably couldn't remove Virtue or Voice of Quellious with the level 4 Taper Enchantment. Something like that, anyway. This was long after the classic era.
Last edited by Bockscar; 10-05-2011 at 06:21 PM..
Old 10-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockscar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Think it has something to do with how they changed dispels much later. It shouldn't be relevant to this server AFAIK because dispels always target the first buff(s) from the right. The only thing that matters is the number of dispels applied by the various spells. I believe the numbers in parantheses are just there because the spell data is copy-pasted from Lucy/Allakhazam. I think every buff and debuff received a number of "dispel counters", much like poison and disease counters vs. cures, to determine what could actually be removed by a given dispel spell - i.e you probably couldn't remove Virtue or Voice of Quellious with the level 4 Taper Enchantment. Something like that, anyway. This was long after the classic era.
hmm this sounds like my next testing project on Al'kabor.. to see if taper enchantment will remove Aego! Stay tuned
Old 10-05-2011, 09:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What does the number mean in parenthesis?

Recant Magic:

1: Cancel Magic (9)
2: Cancel Magic (9)
3: Cancel Magic (9)
4: Cancel Magic (9)

Pillage Enchantment:

1: Cancel Magic (4)
2: Cancel Magic (4)
3: Cancel Magic (4)
4: Cancel Magic (4)

Taper Enchantment:

1: Cancel Magic (0)
pretty sure these mean you cast the spell as if you were that many levels higher. e.g. pillage enchantment is the same as casting cancel magic 4 times as a caster that is 4 levels higher than the caster actually is.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:45 PM
Fire Giant

I can't get Taper Enchantment to do anything. I've casted it a few dozen times, both on high level buffs and lvl 1 minor shieldings. On my alt and on myself. Never got it to dispell anything.

Recant Magic and Pilliage Enchantment (pre nerf Wristband of Secrets clicky) are working as you'd expect them to, except sometimes it skips a buff in the lineup and dispells a buff further down.

Ok I tried again useing Taper Enchantment against a lvl 30 necro with 16 MR (after tash) who was self buffed with Resist Cold.

The Resist Cold went away after 8 casts of Taper Enchantment. (the enchanter was lvl 62 btw).

Just tried it again. After 8 Taper Enchantments, the Resist Cold fell off.

Very interesting, almost feels like counters.
Last edited by Palemoon; 10-05-2011 at 10:54 PM..
Old 10-05-2011, 11:06 PM
Fire Giant

Dispels should be coded as beneficial spells, no chance to resist against players.