Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 12-18-2011, 04:34 PM
Aviak

Default Resists dont match up to live

on live i did alot of duels, and even with only 25 MR i never saw a green or light blue mage pet land root on me every single time. this is not right...
Old 12-18-2011, 07:13 PM
Kobold

25 mr
Old 12-18-2011, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

the OP kind of has a point. At lower levels when I was naked on this server I'd resist regular non-mage pet roots maybe 10% of the time. It didn't happen often but it happened enough that I noticed it. However, until about level 25 I thought earth pet roots were unresistable because I had never resisted a single one. At lower levels if an earth pet gets you on this server and you're alone, you're dead because it will just continue casting root over and over again without getting resisted. This is just from my experience and from a few others I've talked to, maybe I was just unlucky.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 12-21-2011, 08:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the OP kind of has a point. At lower levels when I was naked on this server I'd resist regular non-mage pet roots maybe 10% of the time. It didn't happen often but it happened enough that I noticed it. However, until about level 25 I thought earth pet roots were unresistable because I had never resisted a single one. At lower levels if an earth pet gets you on this server and you're alone, you're dead because it will just continue casting root over and over again without getting resisted. This is just from my experience and from a few others I've talked to, maybe I was just unlucky.
Thats how it is currently and it isnt working right.

We have tanks in full top end MR gear and they still get stunned/rooted/CC'ed by 42s.

This isnt right.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:57 AM
Sarnak

The problem is no resist check when a mob casts a spell on a PC. I've killed people because I know that any spell a charmed NPC casts will hit for full damage regardless of the reisist of the target. I charm cleric mobs in CT for PvP fights, and they nuke the full 200+ wraith every cast, even when the target is level 50 and the mob is green to them.

This is just a continuation of Sol a wizard mobs I used.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethdar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nizzarr: Lvl 49 enchanter mezzing lvl 50s, EVERYTHING IS BROKEN NEED FIX HELP
It is kinda broken when these 50s are in full mr gear *read only missing jacinth rings*.

If youre enchanter spells land more than 50% of the time, theres clearly an issue on resists.

Fact is, you cant magically invent magic resist gear -- Spells should be balanced with the current MR gear available. Right now, enchanter are nothing that they were on live. I couldnt do anything against a character with 100 mr on SZ, while you can play with him all day here.

I guess I should mention I won the SZ botb as an enchanter too.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:55 AM
Fire Giant

Seems like you're throwing in your "won botb sz" as an indication that you should have a pretty good idea how pvp worked. Just adding in the facts you left out, such as you were the only lvl 60 enchanter and never actually fought in pvp against other 60s before quitting.

Valid background information for your flawed perspective on how pvp should work.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

I did fight a lot in pvp -- I was rolling solo most of the time and I knew I couldnt do shit against most people due to enchanters being gimp in pvp.

What next big lethdar?

Know what else is valid? you taking dirtnaps for a year on SZ for being a scrub monk -- I'm sure you have something valid to add about enchanters in pvp.
Last edited by Nizzarr; 12-21-2011 at 10:01 AM..
Old 12-21-2011, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

I will be testing starfires in a little bit with max fire resist(self buffed, all best in slot fire resist items) for the classic era and ill post my logs.

I havent gotten a single partial resist so far in pvp and that bothers me.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:02 PM
Sarnak

I have no problem resisted earth pet roots. I have been resisting them regularly since I broke 70 MR. As for mobs, I resist all spells cast on me by mobs 10 levels less than me. Perhaps if they are charmed, their chance of being resisted becomes that of their master?

When I was a mage on classic, you had to have at least 75 MR to be able to get close to me with my earth pet on you. This was a level 50 vs a level 50 though, and with item loot, most people didn't wear 1000pp jewerly.