Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-12-2011, 09:01 AM
Fire Giant

There is no 9th spellgem in classic and so it was removed. The same thing with shared bank, AA buff slots etc.

I would recommend a seperate install for each server because each will diversify from each other the more time goes by.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:02 PM
Orc

Do the classic spells icons (download available in the first post) work with the new Kunark spell file?
Old 03-13-2011, 08:28 PM
Fire Giant

Yes. The spells_us.txt file contains two components about spell icons. The first tells which icon to use for the spell itself; as seen in the spellbook and casting bar. The second tells it which icon to use for the buff window. There is also info in there about range, damage and all the other effects associated with what a spell actually does.

The amount of icons available matches up with how many there were at the end of Velious. The icons are picked based on how many were available for the timeframe that p1999 is at - currently the classic 23 icons are available. This would change with the release of the velious UI change (which was around the end of kunark iirc) allowing the other 120 or so icons to be used in the spellbook. So you will see all movement spells use the foot icon, all illusions would use the same icon for clarity and dispell as examples. This is how it was in classic.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Skeleton

I want to use the T.king spell icons but ever since the changes all i get when i load a spell into the spell bar is a black square. It doesnt matter what UI i have loaded it messes up with a black square
Old 03-24-2011, 12:04 AM
Sarnak

So I just came back from a LONG break.

I downloaded the two spell files so that I could log on. (dbstr and spells_us) and put them in my spell folder.

I had the previous classic icons before I took a break, but now all the icons are screwed up, and some are without icons altogether.

I downloaded both your classic "square" and "round" spell files (gem1-3 and spell01-07) and put them in my EQ folder. Both did not change anything. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks guys!
Old 03-25-2011, 03:14 PM
Kobold

I swear, I did everything I was supposed to do and I still messed up...

The last spells update gave me weird spell gems and buff icons, so I tried to go back to classic gems with your files...it did not work. So I tried a host of things, including Duxa's installer and now I have classic buff icons but my spell gems are messed up...they look really glitched because they're all the intersection of 4 gems...like the middle of my spell gem is the blank space between 4 gems in a game of /gems.

Weird, right? But everything was normal when I tried /loadskin velious even though the default ui folder was the one I was updating with the classic icons.

So bummed this is happening right before Kunark...any ideas on what I can do?
Old 03-29-2011, 01:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBlazeX [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have the classic icons and some seem to be off. The one I notice is snare looks like SoW - Is there any way to update this? Also Im using a classic UI and the icons look a little weird I don't think there is a fix to this, but if someone can tell me that'd be great. Here's what my UI looks like now.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would love to know where you got that UI.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:47 PM
Kobold

Yo, I'm having trouble with the titanium spell icons, they appear all wrong (it seems like 40% of my spells now have the clarity icon, including all the summon pet spells). Any solutions? Btw I'm an enchanter, I logged on my ranger for a minute and those icons seemed bugged as well (the DS buffs don't use the thorn icon, but plenty of other spells that shouldn't do).
Old 03-30-2011, 01:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartbeats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yo, I'm having trouble with the titanium spell icons, they appear all wrong (it seems like 40% of my spells now have the clarity icon, including all the summon pet spells). Any solutions? Btw I'm an enchanter, I logged on my ranger for a minute and those icons seemed bugged as well (the DS buffs don't use the thorn icon, but plenty of other spells that shouldn't do).
Look in my signature.. download the all in one installer and use option (9) and select which icons you would like to use. that will set it all up for you properly. The problem is that your Default UI is messed up.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:13 PM
Kobold

Your installer didn't work for me...the icons in the spellbook all stayed the same (every pet and illusion has the clarity icon, but clarity doesn't have the clarity icon). All the memorized spells have like Velious icons or something, which I don't like because half of them are a foot or something that makes them indistinguishable. Am I doing something wrong, or missing a step?