Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 08:08 AM
Sarnak

Default People goin back to live?

Seems this may be becoming a trend?
I assume these people already have like lvl 90 toons there?
What are they on, expansion #25?
Old 02-25-2012, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, I still play live once in awhile. I think there is like 18 or 19 expansions now. I don't have the latest. But the newest one you can go to level 95 now.

But it goes free in a few weeks. So I will probably be playing a bit more then. I jump back and forth. Live at times is too easy, and P1999 at times is to hard lol. Red 1999 drives me crazy at times. Shame, a few goofy turds sort of ruins it.

I think my problem is I have been playing EQ way to long. Just seems to be the same old thing over and over live or here. It does pass the time.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:05 PM
Kobold

I doubt you'll see too many people going back to live, but I could be wrong. I know I won't be because you cannot equip raid gear (even if you have it already) and because the 1k AA cap is harsh. My main wouldn't be able to earn any AAs at all without spending some $. That is the killer for me.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

I have an account with just kunark installed on live ..

I was playing the progression server a bit before I moved to P99 because of how unlike classic it was heh.

I did poke around live tho. I was able to get into plane of knowledge with just kunark installed not sure what else i could have gotten into because i didn't play it much

Exp was retarded fast. 5 or 6 kills... level up. after that i logged off lol.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odeseus
I doubt you'll see too many people going back to live, but I could be wrong. I know I won't be because you cannot equip raid gear (even if you have it already) and because the 1k AA cap is harsh. My main wouldn't be able to earn any AAs at all without spending some $. That is the killer for me.
Can't equip raid gear?
1k aa cap?
Spending...... $?
Old 02-25-2012, 10:26 PM
Large Rat

I think once F2P starts I may check it out again.. See what's up. I'm already playing on the EQMac server now that it's 100% free, but I always tend to come back here. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-26-2012, 07:35 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't equip raid gear?
1k aa cap?
Spending...... $?
Free to Play Chart

"Silver" is where most of us will fall, since the majority of us have played EQ before......that is if you remember/still own your old account. Raid gear is considered "prestige" gear now and is unequipable for "Silver" accounts. Most augs are considered "prestige" items as well, and will not be usable even if you got them YEARS ago.

"Silver" also has a 1k AA cap. Once you hit that cap, you cannot earn anymore AAs. Period. It doesn't seem so bad at first, but consider this: My old main (who I'd prefer to play again instead of creating a new toon) was level 70 with 2k AA when I stopped playing almost 5 years ago. This means I cannot buy ANY of the AAs that have been released in the past 5 years. EVER.

To get these restrictions removed, you have to spend some cash. Either subscribe or you can probably remove certain things one at a time. Either way, I'm not willing to spend real money on Live anymore, and the restrictions are too rough to have me consider trying it free.

Kinda off subject, but I played Aion for a bit before I found p99 and they are going COMPLETELY FREE in the near future. When that happens, I'll probably take a look at that game, if for no other reason than it was just so damn pretty. Game wasn't anything special but the graphics were amazing (at least 2 years ago when I last played). They will have a marketplace, but all that will be there is cosmetic stuff and consumables. So it sounds like you won't HAVE to spend money.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:59 AM
Kobold

So it's free but you gotta pay money for it in order to do anything?..

Guess that's Sony for ya.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:03 AM
Kobold

EQmac seems to be great! totally free no limitations and plenty of raid mobs... I'm just saying check it out.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

Too bitter about Sony taking down the Trakanon server after only a few months of bringing it up...combined with mercs and a bunch of other gripes, I'll stick it out here.

The only thing I'd say Live has going for it is "hot zones" for levelling, but then the world is so massive it's a necessity if you want to group there.
Closed Thread