Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Banned

Still dont see the point in taking the server down so long, if he might be able to just do it again.

I understand you cant keep the server up during attacks like the last one, but how far does he really want to go?

Besides that the attacks seems to happen during the same usual periods, while getting old wasnt noticeable most of the day.

You might be upgrading and moving some bits who knows, but for now it seems like he won and might still be sitting with the upper hand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Wont be able to play this weekend even if the server came up anyway, so good luck.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Sarnak

For those of use who could not get our gear.... A server shut down is when time is not running right? When we are able to log in we can get our gear?
Soulez Taken SK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimm View Post
Not only best thread ever, but best poster ever. Going back and reading each one of this guy's 101 posts has been amazing. Its like someone gave a down syndrome child a handle of vodka and a keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
Where did my underwear go?
Old 04-08-2010, 10:36 AM
Large Bat

The whole world...is in that little box... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Skeleton

seeing that server gave me an e-boner
Old 04-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Sarnak

That's what I work with for years now, just HP servers, looks the same though. Mostly VM's now but even the hosts are on 2U servers like that. To bad we don't have a spare rack though unless you just haven't racked that yet.

Do Dell servers come with an ILO port that allows you to view it remotely and even during post, allowing you to power it on and off remotely too?
Old 04-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebine_Emarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The whole world...is in that little box... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol my feelings exaaactly =/
Old 04-08-2010, 12:02 PM
Aviak

We need to open that thing up and get the mana stones out!
Old 04-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Aviak

Is there any way we could go through the pain in the ass of getting a beefy firewall up in front of that server and only allow static IPs through? Would make for an administration nightmare... But... Tie all accounts to an IP? Completely unrealistic, but sounds good in theory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

nm
Old 04-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorjorkill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there any way we could go through the pain in the ass of getting a beefy firewall up in front of that server and only allow static IPs through? Would make for an administration nightmare... But... Tie all accounts to an IP? Completely unrealistic, but sounds good in theory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

nm
As someone who doesn't know all that much about running a server, that sounds like a pretty good solution. Couldn't you make it a requirement for registering an account to input your IP in one of the registration boxes, thus automatically tying it to your account? Or would that require a total revamp of the system / login server?
Old 04-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Sarnak

I think you had the devs at "pain in the ass" they have enough of that and sounds like they have a plan, just need donations to roll in to cover the costs of what will no doubt come from pocket partially excluding what's already been donated.

Don't know if thats how it is but I'm 90% sure. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread