Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: Read my thread. Or don't. Then judge me
Timtebow was a gay name and you got what you deserved. Camp check! 11 21.57%
Timtebow is at least as creative as squirting vagina or jizzing dick. Change every name 8 15.69%
Restore Timtebow! 21 41.18%
This post is hidden because Harrison is on your ignore list. (option 3) 11 21.57%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 11:15 PM
Banned

I bet they did quit, it just draws the line, gms renamed him to something silly im sure, not even wanting to help him out.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I bet they did quit, it just draws the line, gms renamed him to something silly im sure, not even wanting to help him out.
Even if he named him Captain Gobblecock that still seems like a dumb reason to quit.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 05-03-2012, 01:05 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... gms renamed him to something silly im sure, not even wanting to help him out.
untrue. when i see a name that violates i let the player pick a new name, because i had a shitty GM on live change my friends name to something stupid on VZ, and he did end up quitting over it. so it is indeed something i take into consideration.

as far as having a communications with the player base, thats clearly not my place. i'm all for helping out with what i can where i can, but what you really want is a communication with someone from the dev team as they'd be more "in the know" than i would be. most of them pop into irc from time to time and Rogean is there often. you also have to remember that it can be difficult to communicate with a bunch of people that are constantly insulting you, your work, your ideas, and your server, all the while each of them feel that their way is the "right" way to play the game (i'm guilty of this too, most of us are), and so it becomes even more so difficult to please the masses. the simple truth is that you can't please everyone, and if you try, sometimes you don't please anyone.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:27 AM
Banned

Sirken, I understand what you are saying and letting people pick there names is something I can see you doing. Communication is bad, I have been irc quite a bit, and notice rogean clearly ignores most everyone in there. This is a fact. Everyone has turned to insulting the server because they truly feel like no one cares. I mean what does it hurt for staff to pop into global ooc and ask what the population feels about this and that and what would help the server population grow? Or open a discussion besides forums where he can talk directly with the player base, without the flames. I would be down for this and im sure lots of people are. But this has been brought up a hundred times to nothing getting done. The main reason people are mad with insults and all that is because the population clearly feels like Rogean and staff have not listend to anyone on the server about there ideas. Global ooc and resist was a start though I must add. You guys finally came around and it has helped a bunch. But there are still tons of things that need to change for this server to survive. No one is asking for crazy off the wall things. If you see tons of people posting about XP rates its a clear sign of the what the vast amount of people on server want. I also thank you for taking the time to respond and have this discussion with me, which is showing positive signs, but we need the main with the golden key to everything.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
as far as the other names that were reported (Squirty and Strong), they were not in direct violation of the naming policy. However in an effort to be fair to a very ungrateful player, i went ahead and told timtebow that i would forward the other names along to the staff for review.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

How does "Tug Mcgroin" (which is in direct violation of the naming policy), differ from "Strong Dong", or "Squirty Vagina"?
Old 05-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Sarnak

If i ran this server the first thing i would do is delete the forums.....buncha cunts crying over lag on opening weekend (lol).90% of this server are either a) worried about dragon loot b) Pretend they are hardcore pvp and worry about dragon loot or c) cant pvp without 5 friends or 5 mobs.Rnf should be changed to crying n moaning
Old 05-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I did get a hold of Sirken a few days later and he let me have a better name. However I don't play much now because I can't solo
Old 05-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Banned

wow thanks for great input there runya, really helped. I think staff is going to jump at the chance to take your advice
Old 05-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Banned

All hail the great champion Timtebow, yea think you cant solo then, trying it now when mobs are running at mob speed(not classic).
Old 05-03-2012, 03:15 PM
Kobold

Monk named Timtebow spending his life kneeling to bind wounds deemed less creative than Squirty Vagina

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread