Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 06:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
200k would have sold for hundreds, if not over a thousand plus, before Kunark.

In Planes of Power, inflation and all, platinum was selling for $1 per 1kpp or more. It fluctuated often.
^^ This guys knows his RMT
Old 06-29-2012, 06:25 PM
Banned

I RMT'd hard on live. I 2box'd a CLR/ENC combo from Kunark to PoP.

RMTing didn't run the chance of shutting down Everquest for thousands of people who enjoyed it as a hobby. RMT here does, and that's why I don't do it. I'm not in it to ruin the fun for hundreds or thousands of people, just to get what I want.

Your guild does.

Edit add to laugh at this faggot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Harry actually got busted once for RMT purchasing on blue so he should know. Meanwhile he jumps down anyone's throat even suspected of cheating. pot kettle black derp.
LOL I don't know where you fabricated this from, but if this were true it would be plastered everywhere, and all of my accounts would be banned. None of them are.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

200k was like WHOA now its like whoa
Old 06-29-2012, 06:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I RMT'd hard on live. I 2box'd a CLR/ENC combo from Kunark to PoP.

RMTing didn't run the chance of shutting down Everquest for thousands of people who enjoyed it as a hobby. RMT here does, and that's why I don't do it. I'm not in it to ruin the fun for hundreds or thousands of people, just to get what I want.

Your guild does.

Edit add to laugh at this faggot:

LOL I don't know where you fabricated this from, but if this were true it would be plastered everywhere, and all of my accounts would be banned. None of them are.
Why you gettin mad at me dog, i was just giving you props.. and u were talking about live I wasn't trying to accuse you of anything on p99. sheez
Old 06-29-2012, 06:41 PM
Sarnak

So I tied an onion to my belt. Which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Gimme five bees for a quarter, you'd say. Now where was I... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

Bashndash - < > 50 ogre war
Dashnbash - < > 50 highelf mage
Flashndash - < > 28 woodelf rogue
Old 06-29-2012, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

Is this thread for real?

I wiped my ass with 200k before RoK.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:58 PM
Fire Giant

I wonder who ended up with your ass pennies.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:10 PM
Kobold

Nobody had that kind of money before Kunark unless they cheated or were a total loser. There just wasn't that much loot to lust after. The best gear was stuff like an SMR, Ykesha, TBB, FBSS, and the sword from the King. I can't even remember what they were worth but they were all worth less than 10k. And everyone I knew in real life and and in my guild, would not spend money on stuff like that. If you needed an item like that for your character, then you got in groups and camped however long it took until you got one.

There were some trader types who used to buy and sell stuff and made good money doing that. I had one friend who did that and ended up with some good cash. But then, the time he spent screwing around in EC trying to make good deals, was time that I spent leveling up my Necro. After a few months he had amazing gear and lots of money but he was level 20 something, meanwhile I was level 50 and I could farm SMR robes by myself, and I ended up with an entire bag full of them at one point. I think I sold them for around 5k each or something like that, but they took a long time to sell.

The only other type of person I ever saw with a lot of money, was the douchebag type who used to practically live at the Frenzy camp. No matter what time you logged in and went to Lower Guk, he was always there with a group. He got an FBSS on his main character, but he would roll on it every time it dropped and sell it or give it to his twinks or whatever. And just by farming that one top item he probably ended up with a lot of money. Maybe 20k or 30k or whatever. But really there seemed to be no motivation to do that because nobody really needed money like that. There was no item you couldn't just go and camp or get in a group and get it. Money was kind of pointless unless you wanted to start up a tradeskill or something.

Then along comes the planes and the value of items dropped a bit. Because the top items the top players wanted were all no drop planes items. And then once people (like me) got a full set of planes gear, like my two bard weapons from Maestro, we all sold our twin Ykeshas to whoever wanted them for a good price because we didn't need them anymore anyway. And I even remember a lot of us who made it to level 50 at this point became very generous because we didn't really need anything. I remember killing stuff in Lower Guk just for fun, and I would end up with a bag full of items and I would just give stuff to friends and guildies. I remember I gave a guy my Lambent BP, and another guy my TBB and some Azure Sleeves.

Then along comes Kunark and everything changed a lot. I took a break from the game for a while and then came back and made a necro and raced it through the levels to catch up my friends. A few months later I was 50+ and I remember being in a group in Sebilis. Some random item dropped (Cobalt armor?) off some random mob, not even in one of the main camps, and I won the roll on it. I didn't even know what it was worth, but I sold it later for something like 15k. It was the most money I had ever had, and it was from some trash drop. The bigger more key items like the Froggy Bonecaster Robe were worth a lot more, and the huge items like the Hiero Cloak and the Necklace of Superiority were worth a fortune. Although even at this point, 200k would still have been considered a very large amount of money, but with the high value of stuff in Kunark, it wouldn't have taken all that long to save that much if you were really determined. Not that I can think of any reason why you would want all that money.
Last edited by batkiller; 06-29-2012 at 08:13 PM..
Old 06-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by batkiller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody had that kind of money before Kunark unless they cheated or were a total loser. There just wasn't that much loot to lust after. The best gear was stuff like an SMR, Ykesha, TBB, FBSS, and the sword from the King. I can't even remember what they were worth but they were all worth less than 10k. And everyone I knew in real life and and in my guild, would not spend money on stuff like that. If you needed an item like that for your character, then you got in groups and camped however long it took until you got one.

There were some trader types who used to buy and sell stuff and made good money doing that. I had one friend who did that and ended up with some good cash. But then, the time he spent screwing around in EC trying to make good deals, was time that I spent leveling up my Necro. After a few months he had amazing gear and lots of money but he was level 20 something, meanwhile I was level 50 and I could farm SMR robes by myself, and I ended up with an entire bag full of them at one point. I think I sold them for around 5k each or something like that, but they took a long time to sell.

The only other type of person I ever saw with a lot of money, was the douchebag type who used to practically live at the Frenzy camp. No matter what time you logged in and went to Lower Guk, he was always there with a group. He got an FBSS on his main character, but he would roll on it every time it dropped and sell it or give it to his twinks or whatever. And just by farming that one top item he probably ended up with a lot of money. Maybe 20k or 30k or whatever. But really there seemed to be no motivation to do that because nobody really needed money like that. There was no item you couldn't just go and camp or get in a group and get it. Money was kind of pointless unless you wanted to start up a tradeskill or something.

Then along comes the planes and the value of items dropped a bit. Because the top items the top players wanted were all no drop planes items. And then once people (like me) got a full set of planes gear, like my two bard weapons from Maestro, we all sold our twin Ykeshas to whoever wanted them for a good price because we didn't need them anymore anyway. And I even remember a lot of us who made it to level 50 at this point became very generous because we didn't really need anything. I remember killing stuff in Lower Guk just for fun, and I would end up with a bag full of items and I would just give stuff to friends and guildies. I remember I gave a guy my Lambent BP, and another guy my TBB and some Azure Sleeves.

Then along comes Kunark and everything changed a lot. I took a break from the game for a while and then came back and made a necro and raced it through the levels to catch up my friends. A few months later I was 50+ and I remember being in a group in Sebilis. Some random item dropped (Cobalt armor?) off some random mob, not even in one of the main camps, and I won the roll on it. I didn't even know what it was worth, but I sold it later for something like 15k. It was the most money I had ever had, and it was from some trash drop. The bigger more key items like the Froggy Bonecaster Robe were worth a lot more, and the huge items like the Hiero Cloak and the Necklace of Superiority were worth a fortune. Although even at this point, 200k would still have been considered a very large amount of money, but with the high value of stuff in Kunark, it wouldn't have taken all that long to save that much if you were really determined. Not that I can think of any reason why you would want all that money.
Diamonds, Blue diamonds and Black Sapphires. Made a ton of cash thanks to Dino. Seafuries were good too. Pre Kunark, it was 1k per hour on average for whoever wanted to farm cash, no skill required. Over few months, you could get that 200k no problem.
Kaska, Phantasmist <Divinity>
Fuam, Druid 57 <Divinity>
Willo, Cleric 54 <Divinity>
Last edited by finalgrunt; 06-29-2012 at 08:47 PM..
Old 06-29-2012, 09:31 PM
Fire Giant

During Kunark jboots sold for 10,000pp or $350 on ebay.
I remember because I was thinking about paying money for them for my monk alt instead of camping them. Ended up just buying them for 10,000pp

So 10kpp = $350

200kpp was a lot of $$$$$$$$$$
Closed Thread