Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-31-2012, 02:03 PM
Large Rat

Hey, the second problem has been fixed. However, I now realize what the first problem is. After EQemu launches the game and it takes you into the game login screen, the small tan box (I selected the Kunark loading screen) where the server should be displayed is blank. Do you have any suggestion? Does it matter what resolution option I choose from your installer? Should I choose the one which matches my monitor resolution? Thanks.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:15 PM
Sarnak

Oh, the server doesn't display there. That's where you put in your account and password...
Old 03-31-2012, 02:20 PM
Large Rat

Thanks. I got it to work. I must typed my username password in wrong the first time. Thanks for your help Karzoth
Old 03-31-2012, 02:50 PM
Sarnak

np! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirNotAppearinginPicture [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello, I am just starting out. I installed Titanium and then I ran your installer. Everything seemed to work. It finished and launched EQemu where I allowed it to patch. But now I have two problems. The first is that I then selected Project 1999 server and hit the "play" button. It took me into the game but to another login screen. I wasn't sure sure if I was supposed to create another username or password or if I messed something up, so I closed out of the game and EQemu. The second problem is now when I try to select Project 1999 server and hit play , the EQemu launcher says "You do not have enough permissions to the specified Everquest-Directory. Aborting patching....". Do you have any suggestions. Thanks.
First problem:
Yes you need to have a Project 1999 account. Which is separate from EQemu account. Here is what you need to do on EQemu forums (NOT these forums).

Quote:
Step 3 - Login Server Account
You will now need to create a Login Server account that you will use log into the EQEmulator Loginserver. Please go to the Login Server page (located under Miscellaneous in your UserCP∞). Select "Create a LS Account∞." Fill out the fields and proceed. Please note that your EQEmulator Forum account and EQEmulator Login Server account are totally seperate; you should use a different username/password combination for each.
Your Login Server Account passwords are NOT RECOVERABLE in any way. Do not lose your lose or forget your information.
You can find the full list of directions here --> http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...akka=PlayGuide

Second Problem:
You are either on Windows 7 or Windows Vista, they restrict program access. To remedy this right click on the shortcut you are using to start EQemu and select "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR"... you can also right click go to properties and checkbox "Always Run As Administrator" to not have to do that every time.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

EDIT - Apparently I need to read the EQ Manual again, as I had mistakenly hidden my spell gems using Alt + S. It works now!

Hi everyone!

I've just found out about Project 1999 and this awesome installer, and I've been using Duxa UI because it's amazing! However, my spell gem slot window has disapeared suddenly and I have no idea how to make it appear again - I've tried overwriting the Duxa UI files to see if it was some random setting, but that doesn't seem to have worked - is there a slash command I'm missing somewhere? Thanks in advance for any feedback!
Last edited by Tayen; 04-06-2012 at 12:39 PM.. Reason: Found the solution myself
Old 05-30-2012, 11:17 PM
Decaying Skeleton

i wanted to say thank you for this

i was having some trouble playing and after running this im good to go

you saved me a lot of time/digging for answers

do you have a paypal where we can shoot small donations as a thank you?
Old 05-31-2012, 12:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwei [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i wanted to say thank you for this

i was having some trouble playing and after running this im good to go

you saved me a lot of time/digging for answers

do you have a paypal where we can shoot small donations as a thank you?
Taking donations has never crossed my mind, and thank you very much for the thought. I am not sure how Project 1999 staff would feel about it either (hopefully positively [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ) But if not please edit this out.

You can donate to paypal account at killwarez@yahoo.com
Old 05-31-2012, 07:57 PM
Decaying Skeleton

hard to believe with 36 pages and counting that no one has ever wanted to toss you a few PP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-31-2012, 08:48 PM
Banned

found a keylogger embedded in this installer, i wouldnt use