Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 11:59 PM
Planar Protector

Default Fact - Red99 end game needs a little love

3 years one guild showing up for static raid bosses all done 1 day out of 7.

6 days of nothing but a couple 3 day 1 hr raid targets that are also done consistently for 3 years.

GM's you have 200 ppl on nightly, but this is still a core fundamental issue with the box which the result is massive boredom throughout the week - and a non contestable situation.

The proofs there, this isn't about Az/Nihi. Don't be fooled - Sim repops are OK but might not be enough.

Pras GM's don't ban me.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pras GM's don't ban me.
Rest easy my son, only Hurb gets banned round these here parts
Old 07-29-2014, 12:14 AM
Planar Protector

If 2 guilds are required to compete and only 1 guild shows up at the mob, whose at fault for the lack of competition, the guild that showed up to the mob or the guild that didn't?

If 2 guilds are recruiting to kill mobs and the competition, and 1 guild recruits the players to compete and 1 doesn't who is failing to compete?

These are questions you need to ask yourself.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:16 AM
Planar Protector

Pulling a R Flair and posting this again, since these points are relevant to this discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimjaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
come on guys, its not rocket science...

with variance, when the mobs are randomly spawning, then obviously there will be competition for it since the other smaller guilds know that Nihilum doesn't have 50+ online heading there already.. (like they do when they know its going to spawn). and yes you might get 50+ for 5 of the variance spawns, but eventually we'll get an even fight.

under the current mechanics it will simply never happen. right now nihilum is the ones who are blocking competition just by bringing over half the server population for a dragon that takes 15-20 to kill. With Variance, this wont always happen. And that is what variance will accomplish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimjaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
population # doesn't matter, what matters is % . Over 50% being in the same guild is a problem, and variance will be the solution to these types of guilds.

TLDR - raid forces will not be gigantic zergs every time so #1 guild will have a more approachable force on some targets as opposed to 50+ for all targets in a small window.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:18 AM
Planar Protector

The box will never grow to its potential of multiple guilds, mobs throughout the week, and contestable pvp situations without variance.

On one hand you say you're an army of 100 strong 24/7, but in reality you respond slowly, raid with only like 30 real hard dedicated people with another 30 kinda coasting till velious, but would easily crush any uprising.

proof has shown that we can respond faster, and even take random pvp fights with a more consistent focus on them, 1 sim repop every couple weeks then none for awhile then a bunch back to back is just not really enough to base a guild off of, we tried I thought it was weekly - even that might have failed. TLDR OH FUCK

I'm goin to bed probably just cutting this off randomly peace,
Old 07-29-2014, 12:20 AM
Banned

not enuff pop for 2 guilds no ones fault server just isnt fun enough to attract enough people to make 2 end game guilds viable
Old 07-29-2014, 12:20 AM
Planar Protector

I enjoy when you make pro variance threads, because every time you do the chance of it ever happening goes down.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:21 AM
Planar Protector

Fact - for the nearly 2 months Azrael was actually winning contested raid mobs, no one wanted variance including them.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:22 AM
Banned

Fact: Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica

FALSE>
Old 07-29-2014, 12:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fact - for the nearly 2 months Azrael was actually winning contested raid mobs, no one wanted variance including them.
I felt like the Russians in WW2, figured fuck it why shouldn't the men rape some women and talk some shit and have some fun.

Ultimately in the back of my mind was who was gona go with who - and what was going to happen with the box.

If you think Azrael was gona ride off into the sunset farming mobs - you are short sighted, it woulda been .... something new - people riding it out in Nihi like a bunch of coasting homos worried about Velious loot can suck the big one, you passed up on something that coulda been epic, here's looken at you HB.
Closed Thread