Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardalicious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Apparently you didn't understand the contents of my post.

A cracked staff has what... 5 damage?

And a lower albeit negligible delay difference.

Your weapon has damage over what, 20? (Capped at level 5, I know)

Meaning it's taking you FAR LONGER to kill a mob with a cracked staff than a face grinder. Meaning you're swinging at it far many more times. Meaning you're getting far many more chances at a weapon skill up.
Nah... I completely understood you which is why I mentioned the cracked staff. But you ignore me when I say I've done this before with other characters. Never have I had an issue gaining skill.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh really? So it's not just because people complain that come from fast games or other servers? It's because after all this time of these servers running they just now realized that is a problem. You must be right.
My my, a bit aggressive, are we?

Your claims have no merit. The problem has not existed since the server opened; rather the issue cropped up after the April 22 patch. Skillups were formerly significantly too fast and the last patch seems to have tuned things a little too far in the other direction.

Danth
Old 06-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Fire Giant

Desperatly need the servers to be patched..... so many fixes are waiting to go in.....

And unlock plane of sky on Red, we waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overdue.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Skillups were formerly significantly too fast and the last patch seems to have tuned things a little too far in the other direction.
I find no evidence to support your claim that skillups were too fast. They seemed to be right in line with Classic skill gain rates.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:17 AM
Kobold

I used to use a 1HS and got it to the 90s in fairly short order. Around April I switched to 1HB and have been at 44 for a significant time. I use my weapon a lot while farming to conserve mana, but this has proven impossible.
I used a 1hs for about two months and 1hb for about 3 months, with much more meleeing in the lest few months.
I know the plural of anecdote is not data, but this is my experience.

-Brimacombe
Old 06-05-2012, 01:39 AM
Banned

@Rayzn/Bardalicious: Somehow I dont remember when I played classic on live having ONLY used 1HB weapons and being level 14 with my Dual Wield and other skills progressing normally at 70 or whatever while my 1HB is stuck at 20 and rarer than a Raster spawn to get skill-ups.

There is definitely something wrong here I'm sorry.
Last edited by Ogre; 06-05-2012 at 01:42 AM..
Old 06-05-2012, 03:02 AM
Fire Giant

WINTER IS COMING ! !
Old 06-05-2012, 03:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HAHAHAHA I called it level 5 complaining about his skill levels!
I call you retard like bird with two faces
Old 06-05-2012, 09:19 AM
Sarnak

just leveled my archery from about 40 - 160 in the last week, it was slow but not OMG I WANNA CRY AND QUIT slow.... Quitcha bitchin and go play the game
Old 06-05-2012, 09:37 AM
Orc

My skills are keeping up with my level just like they did on live. I picked up at 2hb around lvl 7 so catching up those skills were a pain but didn't seem any worse than normal. I played WoW for the las 6 years, so some aspects of Eq seemed extra difficult after coming back but I welcome the challenge compared to wows leveling process.
Closed Thread