Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 05:56 PM
Fire Giant

Default double IP request processing time

my brother that lives in NYC and his room mate are getting onto P1999, and did the IP Adress request today in the forums. how log does it usually take for it to process so that they can both play?

Asher
Old 02-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Kobold

a week or two from what i've seen. sometimes longer. only one dev does it i think
Old 02-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Fire Giant

I think mine was between 3 and 4 weeks. Kinda got tired of waiting after the first few days of hoping it would be granted quickly, so I didn't check very often after that to see when they got to it.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Fire Giant

wow really?

that seems ridiculously long lol

Are they actually BLOCKED from both logging in at the same time without them being approved? or is it more just a nod that its ok from the staff?

because one is playing an erudite SK and the other a wood elf ranger. they wont even be on the same side of the world as each other until later on. what i'm asking is, can they both play for now and then by the time the dev's approve it, they'll probably be more closer to the level where they can start grouping together.

Asher
Old 02-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGrousis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wow really?

that seems ridiculously long lol

Are they actually BLOCKED from both logging in at the same time without them being approved? or is it more just a nod that its ok from the staff?

because one is playing an erudite SK and the other a wood elf ranger. they wont even be on the same side of the world as each other until later on. what i'm asking is, can they both play for now and then by the time the dev's approve it, they'll probably be more closer to the level where they can start grouping together.
No. You physically cannot log in from the same IP domain unless you use some workaround program. They actually place an exemption to normally existing IP blocking rules.

It takes a while. Deal with it. They're also not very tolerant of people complaining about the wait time - and although you certainly don't have the attitude of some of the guys i've seen complain about it, complaining at all doesn't help the process. I wouldn't be surprised if they delayed processing it specifically because someone complained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Fire Giant

You get a message saying that you can not log on, until the request clears.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It takes a while. Deal with it. They're also not very tolerant of people complaining about the wait time - and although you certainly don't have the attitude of some of the guys i've seen complain about it, complaining at all doesn't help the process. I wouldn't be surprised if they delayed processing it specifically because someone complained.
Look at you go!
Old 02-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. You physically cannot log in from the same IP domain unless you use some workaround program. They actually place an exemption to normally existing IP blocking rules.

thanks for answering the question

no thanks for your bullshit. i had zero attitude and i was definitely not complaining. i was stating a fact that for something so simple, it sure takes a long time for them to process. i'm sure there is a reason why it takes so long, and i wasnt even inquiring about why.

hit the x botton on your browser and go back to newbing in the game.

Asher
Old 02-04-2011, 06:36 PM
Kobold

It just takes a while because they do them in large batches because they get requests often enough that its a waste of development time to always be deal with them and its low priority. They only have some much free time to give to the project. I mean if you put in a request a day before they do a batch you'd get it the next day, if you put in a request the day after you're going to wait a couple weeks.

Bottom line, its well worth putting up with because if they didn't limit IPs it'd be a horrible boxfest out there.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:46 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
no thanks for your bullshit. i had zero attitude and i was definitely not complaining. i was stating a fact that for something so simple, it sure takes a long time for them to process. i'm sure there is a reason why it takes so long, and i wasnt even inquiring about why.

hit the x botton on your browser and go back to newbing in the game
He was trying to help and implied that you have a better attitude than the usual people complaining about the duration. Good job proving him wrong.
Closed Thread