Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 10:25 AM
Kobold

Default Hard time grouping.

Have a 25 Wiz and 8 bard. Both spent 6 hours LFG last night. Is there a better way? A global chat channel, FB page, twitter feed for LFG? I love this server but hate spending so long LFG.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:29 AM
Sarnak

Nope. Best way is to find a lowbie guild, or do / all 20 30 and hope you can find people that way. Only other option is to go to a zone with lots of group potential like Unrest/Mistmoore and hope you can find something in /ooc there
Old 02-25-2014, 10:30 AM
Kobold

Wizard you honestly will have a hard time forever. It just isn't a strong group class because of the mana limitation on sustained dps. You can start quadding soon though, which is a huge upgrade. Possible to make some solid duos with a druid or another wiz to quad together.

The bard is probably just the level range/area. Below 10 there aren't always groups. Best bets are crushbone, or ec orc camps.

Also just having /lfg on won't always cut it. Try being the initiator if you haven't yet. Duos/trios are always a good start.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:34 AM
Sarnak

You are going to have to make the initiative. Sitting in a zone with /LFG on and saying LFG in /ooc may work sometimes... but not usually.

A couple tips for the wizard:

1. Make friends when you do find groups. Add them to your friends list. Especially clerics, enchanters, and pullers/tanks since they are the heart of a good group.

2. You should travel to a location near EC and bind in Freeport. Uguk is a great candidate. Travel there, /LFG on, shout you are LFG.

3. Alternatively, sit in EC and /who all 23 27 will give you all players level 23 to 27. The list may be too long so try /who all 23 24 then /who all 25 26. See what zones are populated, whisper the players and ask if there is an open spot in a group.

4. /who all upperguk, /who all mistmoor, /who all unrest. Check the popular zones for people. Whisper them asking if they are grouped and to be put on a list or if they need a wizard.

5. You'll be able to port others soon, great for mobilizing a group to a dungeon.. just be wary of that warrior who is bound across the world it could be a group killer.

For the bard:

1. Everyone will tell you to swarm kite, which is fine. But if you don't want to.. grouping at level 8 isn't very effective imo. But you sure can goto EC and get a orc group or Gfay/Crushbone and group there.

2. Same rules apply really. Choose a place to hunt, /who all place, find someone who wants to duo or an empty spot in a group.
Last edited by drktmplr12; 02-25-2014 at 10:37 AM..
Old 02-25-2014, 10:34 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzeriel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have a 25 Wiz and 8 bard. Both spent 6 hours LFG last night. Is there a better way? A global chat channel, FB page, twitter feed for LFG? I love this server but hate spending so long LFG.
You could try:

1 - making groups on the forums in advance
2 - just announcing lfg on forums
3 - leading groups instead of lfg
4 - joining a guild and lfg in guild chat

3 is the best imo. with the proper tools and a few sent tells you can find people fairly quick

/who all war 20 30
/who all cleric 20 30

etc etc whatever you need. just don't be picky.

also, instead of groups, as a wizard i'd focus on duos & trios and let groups form naturally. wizards would work well with a pet class like necro or mage since they lose exp soloing so i'd try to befriend a few of those classes.

work your strengths, cover someone else's weaknesses. but the real secret behind it all is just be social and take command. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-25-2014, 10:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxomatosii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also, instead of groups, as a wizard i'd focus on duos & trios and let groups form naturally. wizards would work well with a pet class like necro or mage since they lose exp soloing so i'd try to befriend a few of those classes.

work your strengths, cover someone else's weaknesses. but the real secret behind it all is just be social and take command. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Take it from this guy, he's a wizard of the highest order.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-25-2014, 10:42 AM
Kobold

Thanks for the tips. Wiz is currently in Lake, Bard in CB. I'm not able to kite much because I'm playing on a laptop with a touchpad only. I'm planning on trying to join Knights if I can end up in a zone with an officer! (Need moar wizofficers!) I'll try some of the other zones tonight. But just so it's out there, 25 Wiz or 8 Bard LFG tonight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-25-2014, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

Truth is like has been said you have two classes that really don't fit well for grouping. The Bard will high level but never the Wizard.

But unfortunately on here there is a bunch of classes that suck for groups. Ranger, Pally comes to mind. When I look at class selection on here, which by the way I have every one, I am surprised that P1999 is even still in business lol.

This stupid Hybrid XP penalty, and the pet nerf all lead to few choices to pick what to play and really have some FUN on here. I tend to solo a lot anymore on here because I guess I am bored of the game lately I guess. So it does open up a lot more classes that work.

I think the biggest problem on here is no Velious. With 1,200 to 1,300 people on here now a lot in the evenings there just is not enough camps in the top played zones. So no group openings. It will clear up a lot when Velious hits. And the Hybrid penalty drops.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:55 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by drktmplr12 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
4. /who all upperguk
guktop, not upperguk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Here's a full list: http://ezserveronline.com/forums/index.php?topic=2776.0
Old 02-25-2014, 11:20 AM
Kobold

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangermouse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
guktop, not upperguk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Here's a full list: http://ezserveronline.com/forums/index.php?topic=2776.0
This is awesome!