Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > NPC Bugs

Old 03-08-2024, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Default GFay mobs

I recently started a new char here on P99 after a long absence, rolled a HIE in Gfay.

Thing is, there is almost NO mobs besides lvl 1 mobs in GFay. I ran around like mad, but besides a few pixies, and orcs all the way up north close by CB, the entire zone consists of tons and tons of lvl 1 mobs(wolves, wasps, skeletons). It was impossible to lvl up there so I moved to the Commonlands.
Surely, its not supposed to be like that...
Old 03-08-2024, 11:26 PM
Planar Protector

I don't know, tbh. But Butcherblock and Steamfont both contain level 2s, 3s, 4s, and so on. Maybe the devs figured elves would migrate outward from GFay.
Old 04-15-2024, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recently started a new char here on P99 after a long absence, rolled a HIE in Gfay.

Thing is, there is almost NO mobs besides lvl 1 mobs in GFay. I ran around like mad, but besides a few pixies, and orcs all the way up north close by CB, the entire zone consists of tons and tons of lvl 1 mobs(wolves, wasps, skeletons). It was impossible to lvl up there so I moved to the Commonlands.
Surely, its not supposed to be like that...
How many mobs did you kill?

Just wondering if maybe this was a case of just absurd RNG where mobs of a level higher than 1 on the spawn table just didn't spawn in the amount of time you were killing things. I do agree that there tends to be more level 1 stuff there than elsewhere (although that's probably also because I don't venture off into GFay as much as I do in other newbie zones for obvious reasons haha).