Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 11:11 AM
Kobold

Read all the replies, and i guess i was just not in the know, glad to know, all my toons are still playable, i will never delete them. I dont plan on playing EQ-Live seriously ever again, as peeps have posted, its not the game i fell in love with. When i left, i had already fallen behind, i never had UBER gear, and all my original guild friends where long and gone.

A few years back, i remember reading that a cleric had gone into the Ssraeshza Temple, and basically Soloed all the mobs, i didnt read further about it, but it was then that i realized the game had lost its magic, i remember when we used to raid the Temple, now it was a joke.

Well thats all i got, guess im happy i can visit my toons, course what i wish, and im sure most of you too, is that EQ should of stopped at Velious. Glad i found P99 to keep the old magic alive.

Old 07-30-2013, 11:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamewraith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It still doesn't make it okay that a single mortal jumps into the plane, wades through hundreds of minions and slaughters the avatar of a god in his own plane in 20 minutes without breaking sweat. They should have scaled the planes to expansion, or taken them out all together when they became soloable.
The only problem with that is if you scaled to meet expansions then you would have level 95+ mobs just to get Epic 1.0 and those are completely obsolete now. People don't want to go through that just to get an obsolete weapon, unless of course with the scaling you just bypassed the first epics altogether and used the zone to acquire the 2.0 versions. Of course if you removed the zones completely and just had a round about way to get the epic that may work. I guess either way the game has already gone so far downhill that most people wouldn't notice.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:17 AM
Banned

Despite what people say about live, the end game content is still very challenging, much more so than p99.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamewraith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It still doesn't make it okay that a single mortal jumps into the plane, wades through hundreds of minions and slaughters the avatar of a god in his own plane in 20 minutes without breaking sweat. They should have scaled the planes to expansion, or taken them out all together when they became soloable.
Because everyone wants to play a game in which they never grow in power, right?

Also, a dude.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffin Deeppockets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Despite what people say about live, the end game content is still very challenging, much more so than p99.
I'm not knocking the end game content, I'm sure it is difficult just like some end game WoW bosses where you actually have to know the mechanics of the fight or you will get your ass handed to you. But the game has completely changed from community driven to end-game driven. When they added in mercs and everything became solo-able the game became easy mode until end-game and to me the progress up to the top, meeting a bunch of people on the way is the most fun, the end game loot is just a bonus. That is why I quit WoW after Cataclysm, it just wasn't fun anymore grouping with people cross-server that I would never see again and just running around like a robot.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCB [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes you're right, but going from a new pupil from Felwithe into the large forest of the Faydark to slaying the avatar of fear in its own realm in less than a month...... I'm all for the adventurer becoming a legend, but I mean godslaying as a hobby?
Old 07-30-2013, 12:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCB [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Apparently GW2 players have no problem with that idea...
Old 07-30-2013, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqgmrdbz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well thats all i got, guess im happy i can visit my toons, course what i wish, and im sure most of you too, is that EQ should of stopped at Velious.
Velious ruled. Luclin was alright. I thought PoP was a blast. After that... EQ seemed like work. I only played because I had played so long I forgot how to have fun.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:34 PM
Sarnak

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not knocking the end game content, I'm sure it is difficult just like some end game WoW bosses where you actually have to know the mechanics of the fight or you will get your ass handed to you. But the game has completely changed from community driven to end-game driven. When they added in mercs and everything became solo-able the game became easy mode until end-game and to me the progress up to the top, meeting a bunch of people on the way is the most fun, the end game loot is just a bonus. That is why I quit WoW after Cataclysm, it just wasn't fun anymore grouping with people cross-server that I would never see again and just running around like a robot.
I understand where you are coming from but EQ live has not sunk as deep as it seems as first glance and I don't see it as being end game driven unless you want it to be. You will burn yourself out fast pushing for end game content on live. As for mercs, 9/10 people will choose a live body over a bot in their group. The tank merc AI is just god awful and the dps caster either does no damage or if set to burn you can't get her to stop and she dies.

On EQ live, you WILL meet people and make friends even today.

In WoW I guarantee you will not.

I enjoy both games, but WoW really is the empty shell that some people here consider live to be. There is no community, the chat channels are dead and the people you group with aren't really there.

Idk why I defend live so much.. I guess because it still is the best mmo out there right now. Most content, best lore, community is great, etc. I just got burnt out on it.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Yes you're right, but going from a new pupil from Felwithe into the large forest of the Faydark to slaying the avatar of fear in its own realm in less than a month...... I'm all for the adventurer becoming a legend, but I mean godslaying as a hobby?
People are 2manning dragons regularly right now. We're not all that far from godslaying as a hobby. Honestly if it weren't for death touch, most mobs in this game could be 1grouped by this point, and we're still technically in the same timeline.

I get where you're coming from, I really do. It's just a necessary evil of game design that old bosses don't live up to new levels.

Also, a dude.
Closed Thread