Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomebert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
polynesia ftw
Polynesia is pretty ridiculous
Old 06-27-2014, 01:14 PM
Fire Giant

Did you write this, flemming

Quote:
Why isn't Hitler a playable leader?
He was a great leader is probaly the most remembered and referenced leader in history. creating an empire but I don't understand why he isn't in the game. People say that it would offend people to put him in but it's perfectly ok to put Stalin in who killed 3 times as many as hitler did while hunting anybody who didn't agree with him and put farmers who didn't give up their land into torture dungeons called kulags. Mao Zedong killed more than both of them combined in his campaign to bring communism to china and Ghengis khan killed everybody he had to to create the largest empire to this day and the vikings under ragnar lodbrok pillaged monasteries and capture paris. but that's ok right?

I have also heard people saying he destroyed his own nation well so did xerxes of persia when he fought against the greeks and got is butt kicked by alexander the great. We all know it was hitlers betrayal of russia that led to his defeat just as all emperors fall when napolean made the same mistake. Hitler was a great leader so why not put him in the game?
Old 06-27-2014, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

You could play Hitler in one of the Civ IV expansions, I think.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could play Hitler in one of the Civ IV expansions, I think.
No, just Bismarck.. maybe you can do Hitler in one of the special scenarios but that's about it.

Also I havent been able to even get through a full game of civ V it bores the living daylights out of me. Civ IV however is one of the best game I've ever played and it never gets old.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zadrian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm terrible at keeping my population happy. No matter what I do, they are always pissed off at me.
Tradition opening . Build 4 cities max. Keep food trade routes to the capital. When warring, take one city at a time and burn it down. Dont annex of you want to keep a city. Settle on top a resource not next. Keep an eye on extra luxuries from other civs. Befriend mercantile city states first and foremost. If you are at 1 or 0 happiness select avoid growth and build happiness buildings. If you have a religion try to select pagodas as a benefit (I never bother religions ) . Late game the order ideology is a ton of happiness.

90% of the time is you build too many cities.

I have won on diety with everyone except byzantine...cuz they suck. But they have a great early boat that can farm culture with an honor opening policy

A good newbie civ is egypt. Reroll until you are on a river. On a hill. Next to marble. Build 2 scouts first and try to get as many ruins as possible. Get the wonder building pantheon and go to town.

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 06-27-2014, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

Also jungle starts are the best in the game. You start slower but nobody besides zulu will attack you and you will get a TON of science when you hit university era.
I barely ever move out of food growth. In the game.

Population = science and science is king.

Old 06-28-2014, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

I really wanted to talk civ 5 with you guys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 06-28-2014, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

I prefer coastal starts over anything.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:39 AM
Sarnak

I am just moving to Diety from Immortal. Spain is my fav civ! The thing I like about BNW is that the AI can't warrior/archer rush you anymore since they don't have the early funds for it.
Old 06-28-2014, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Last game I had a coastal jungle start. I dropped it down. Plunked a jaguar (aztec) next to austria to prevent settlements my way and had 3/4ths of a continent to expand.

I usually play with raging barbs on and its almost cheating playing aztec hitting an honor opener and spamming jaguars. I dismantled the only competition before rocketry (askia of all people were a runaway on the other continent)
I did have to nuke their 2nd city to get rid of the unit spam

Closed Thread