Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 12:53 AM
Planar Protector

Question Fungus Covered Scale Tunic vs Jaundiced Bone Breastplate? Which is better?

I am looking to get opinions on which is the better all-around item for soloing / grouping / raiding on my 60 torpor shaman? I have both and I am curious which one I would be better off holding on to?

It seems since last patch AC means a lot more, and that when wearing JBBP to solo mobs like Tranix I have to torpor less often wearing JBBP then I do when wearing fungi... but my testing has been very limited.

Look forward to hearing any and all opinions. =)
Old 07-21-2014, 12:57 AM
Planar Protector

apples and oranges really. if you have to pick one, i would keep the fungi. fungi is a utility item that never goes out of style...your jb chest (aside from the clicky) will be upgraded eventually (in verious).
Old 07-21-2014, 12:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
apples and oranges really. if you have to pick one, i would keep the fungi. fungi is a utility item that never goes out of style...your jb chest (aside from the clicky) will be upgraded eventually (in verious).
I concur

Skarry 60 Assassin | Kumack 60 Oracle | Gyrgol 60 Oracle | Eregion 54 Illusionist
Old 07-21-2014, 01:12 AM
Planar Protector

Most kunark era bps will likely lose a lot of value come velious, fungi not so much.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 07-21-2014, 01:50 AM
Fire Giant

Situational

I had the luxury of having both so I'd switch out once I depleted mana difference between the two.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:51 AM
Planar Protector

fungi > also i happen to be selling a fungi

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 07-21-2014, 08:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I am looking to get opinions on which is the better all-around item for soloing / grouping / raiding on my 60 torpor shaman? I have both and I am curious which one I would be better off holding on to?
I have both, I wear the fungi 99% of the time. I wear JBBP when I want to use the clicky and when I want to look cool in EC.

The main reason to get the JBBP is for the clicky. It seems insignificant and it mostly is, but free AC + DS is always nice. It stacks with the potion ds and Velious has some more clickies, so you can boost your ds fairly high. Even with a slowed mob the ds damage stacks up quite nicely when soloing, and shamans will take any extra damage they can get.

Fungi gets replaced by the Vindi BP in Velious, but the jbbp clicky is always useful.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks for the advice, pretty much mirrored my thoughts and the little bit of testing I've done. Having the JBBP Clicky effect and the regen of the fungi is an insanely good combo! Sadly my shaman is just a farming alt and my cleric needs a few more upgrades so I can't afford to keep both and I'm going to have to part with the JBBP. Mainly keeping fungi because I intend on rolling an SK come velious and it's a must for leveling a melee imo. If anyone is interested in picking up one of these awesome clicky BPs hit me up!

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=158539
Last edited by Nikkanu; 07-21-2014 at 05:58 PM..
Closed Thread