Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Is variance still needed?
Yes, it promotes "competition" 75 29.18%
No, its an unneccesary non-classic time sink 182 70.82%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 03:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writ3r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is just getting ridiculous how contradictory the statements of the staff have been over the course of time especially within this particular issue.
In all reality I think they're (Rogean is...) playing a PR game that has to be played with this server. Yes, he knows the raiding scene is ridiculous (he's actually said so himself) but he can't go FTE rules. That would create a TON of work for the server staff with...how many GMs do they have on staff right now? 2? How would this even be possible? There's absolutely no way you could get an expedited response in any way, shape or form when this happens and people would just end up yelling at the GMs.

On the other hand they also can't implement a system that would degenerate into people yelling at eachother (example: GMs say deal with it yourselves...yeah that didn't turn out so well before and things have only gotten worse...). So they have to hold people's hands but they can't use the GMs precious time to settle disputes of FTE, so what can they do?

Come up with a system that uses as much or even less GM resources/time as the current system does. It would need to be a stable system that has the capacity to evolve as the dymanic of the server changes as well as incentivise competition.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Hailto, training is perfectly legal in the confines of VP. Any other training accusations are not legal and, if proven, are grounds for raid suspensions. TMO has been raid suspended more than any other guild currently active on this server.

However, I generally agree with Rustytaco. TMO is very friendly as long as you are not direct competition. They thrive in the raid environment that exists and their guild was set up to capitalize on the current raid environment.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I obviously don't fully know where you're coming from because im not in BDA. But i'd really like to think that TMO wouldn't train any guild that was in competition with them. Its very obvious that TMO and BDA have some bad blood going back to issues not fully known to me, so while i believe you both probably train each other. Do you really think they would train any guild in competition, even ones with no prior issues, if they somehow managed to get into vp?
TMO and BDAs bad blood probably came from BDA taking in what was left of VD, a few members I know TMO can't stand, and then with the new force BDA tried to enter the raid scene and TMO began "competing" again. You know FTE sniping, trains( not sure if one guild trained themselves or not), all that fun stuff.
Rustymule - EC trader

RED
Node Red - [ANONYMOUS]
Chun Li - [ANONYMOUS]
Old 09-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I obviously don't fully know where you're coming from because im not in BDA. But i'd really like to think that TMO wouldn't train any guild that was in competition with them. Its very obvious that TMO and BDA have some bad blood going back to issues not fully known to me, so while i believe you both probably train each other. Do you really think they would train any guild in competition, even ones with no prior issues, if they somehow managed to get into vp?
Myuharin died in VP on Wednesday, he was using VP as his own personal firepots (he was going to sky). TMO had killed Druushk because there was a large dragon corpse at the entrance. Only person there was Jeremy and I on a cleric coming to rez Myu. It took about 3 minutes for Aalpha to show up ready to train.

BDA attempted one sneaky kill of Xygoz a while back. Sentenza, Necroious, Aalpha, and numerous other FD classes trained us until we gave up. TMO didn't even feel like killing the dragon but they'd rather train us in our attempts and leave him up for later.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You gotta kill Trak a bunch before you can get a guild into VP which means you'll be butting heads with TMO the whole way there. And yes, when you get there, they will train you, whether they have a force to compete for whatever dragon is up or not.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Kope, the simultaneous respawn method would decrease GM time for raid disputes, because all disputes for the week would occur within a 2 hour time frame, instead of spread out randomly throughout the week.

Also, if the raid scene degenerated into a completely "exp = lewts" without variance, then you'd see KS groups forming, people wouldn't have to spend 96hrs tracking, and if the same people lost all the time, they'd probably just quit (which is similar to what happens now with FTE disputes). Either way, its not classic, it benefits a certain guild style, and its creating drama. The server staff would like less drama and more classic, two things variance is counter-productive to.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbaby Jesus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TMO and BDAs bad blood probably came from BDA taking in what was left of VD, a few members I know TMO can't stand, and then with the new force BDA tried to enter the raid scene and TMO began "competing" again. You know FTE sniping, trains( not sure if one guild trained themselves or not), all that fun stuff.
The bad blood exists because we have the potential to stop them from getting raid loot. Any guild that tries for Trak, VS, CT, Inny, and VP will receive the same exact treatment.
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:24 PM
Fire Giant

With all due respect if BDA has the potential to stop TMO from getting loot then you guys need to get to work. If your guild is split in half with people that are willing to track all hours of the day, log on and raid all hours of the day, and employ dirty tactics to get FTEs and then people who don't want any part of it then you don't exactly have the potential to stop them.
Rustymule - EC trader

RED
Node Red - [ANONYMOUS]
Chun Li - [ANONYMOUS]
Old 09-20-2012, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

We've killed every target in the game multiple times. Recently we butted heads with TMO at VS. we got 3 in a row or something. Each time it was 60 people sitting in his room, he'd spawn and die instantly. Whoever got exp would loot, then later a GM would show up and say who was first on the aggro list, not even first to hit, just the first person VS happened to sway towards.

Same thing for Fay, he had an hour or so left in window and it was the same thing. 20 pullers waiting to tag, same thing for Dojo, 100 people on dojo island. I could keep going...
Old 09-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah you're on the right track then. If BDA continues contesting mobs like that for quite a while you guys might have something to talk to TMO about then. The problem is keeping the raid force in for thr duration. People will get burnt out from the contested mobs and stop showing up. Then TMO wins again. I went through the same thing with VD. We even did the ol' memblurring thing in VP for a while to try and force our way in there. That was a pretty horrible idea as it backfired and jsut pissed them off way worse lol.
Rustymule - EC trader

RED
Node Red - [ANONYMOUS]
Chun Li - [ANONYMOUS]
Closed Thread