Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 06-21-2015, 03:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does 25 2hs and 25 offense skill make that much of a difference or is the hybrid hit rate formula messed up?
Offense has no bearing on hit chance and every class uses the same function to determine it.

If the OP collected a larger sample size of swings vs. a target of known defense skill and AGI he'd find that the hit chance is pretty similar to that of a pure melee having the same STR/ATK, despite the lower weapon skill.
Old 06-21-2015, 04:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technique [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Offense has no bearing on hit chance and every class uses the same function to determine it.

If the OP collected a larger sample size of swings vs. a target of known defense skill and AGI he'd find that the hit chance is pretty similar to that of a pure melee having the same STR/ATK, despite the lower weapon skill.
Got proof?

https://www.project1999.com/forums/a...p/t-40456.html

Alot of debate in the above thread with not much proof posted. I can imagine this thread will be much of the same.

Gonna be skeptical of biased opinions until I see some lengthy parses.
Old 06-21-2015, 06:14 PM
Sarnak

I ran parses of 2k-5k attempts in various melee configs on the beta server around 9 months ago. None of the general Velious-era melee or knight-specific buffs are in effect on beta yet, so there's no difference between an SK/Pal there and on p99 Live.

Not bothering to dig up the parses unless a dev asks for more feedback on this non-issue.
Old 06-21-2015, 08:16 PM
Kobold

id love to see the parses, who says non issue......
Old 06-22-2015, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

Paladin stun, roots and blinds were always useless in pvp. I believe knights always kinda sucked melee wise. They get some boosts in Velious, but I don't want to do your work for you. Here are a couple examples I found int he patch notes found here: http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/19992002.php

Paladin ex's
The Paladin "Holy Forge" discipline will now give paladins triple the normal chance of scoring a critical hit. Each critical hit has a percent chance to be scored as a critical blow.

Defense skill cap made exactly same as warriors.
Old 06-22-2015, 10:43 AM
Sarnak

Hit rate for pally/sk does seem really off. Dmg with 2hs also very garbage way too many low hit numbers with high str
Old 06-22-2015, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

I thought they add the bonus to weapons with 40+ delay in velious. U might want to look for those patch notes.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technique [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I ran parses of 2k-5k attempts in various melee configs on the beta server around 9 months ago. None of the general Velious-era melee or knight-specific buffs are in effect on beta yet, so there's no difference between an SK/Pal there and on p99 Live.

Not bothering to dig up the parses unless a dev asks for more feedback on this non-issue.
I don't think pvp code for /d on the beta server is the same as what's on red. Could be mistaken though.

What I mean is the beta server is just a copy of the blue server and doesn't have any of the custom red pvp code added to it for obvious reasons. The only way to parse is to get a 60 cleric or shaman on red and have a melee turn on auto attack without haste and just heal through the damage until they are oom, then med up and repeat.
Last edited by Widan; 06-22-2015 at 01:03 PM..
Old 06-22-2015, 01:13 PM
Banned

can confirm beta has the same pvp code as red
Old 06-22-2015, 02:08 PM
Fire Giant

Thank you dev Colgate for your useful posts as always.