Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 08:31 AM
Planar Protector

Will carry this post to 1000 pages.

Any of you BDA nerds got a rogue box or two. Looking to instance Cragbeast queen a few times for the pixels. Need some rogue DPS to counteract that regen.

Also wouldn't mind doing some Yxtta Primals instancing for them AC Augments.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:06 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bda_truth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This was sent to me and asked to be posted anonymously:

the guild started dying in pop. chest knew nothing about the expansion, did zero research, would spend every raid having everyone tell him every little bit of every fight or progression.

mid-pop (ldon) chest moved across the country for some lady with kids and quit leading the guild but refusing to allow anyone to make any changes that might help keep the guild stay alive or survive on phinny

god launches and chest wasn't even around. the super casual base chest had let to start take over couldn't even attend 2-3 days of raids in a row to get flags so we always needed to backflag. when chest did show up he once again had no idea what was going on, constantly whined that any fight that wasn't tank-and-spank was "gimmicky" and "stupid", and was generally just lost and refused to do anything but have people spoon feed him info, just like 95% of the rest of the guild

raids were a wreck of everyone arguing, no discipline, starting 30-45 mins late at best, and loot council giving gear to super casual players over high playtime because the guild became almost all casual players with gear so shitty they couldn't take an ae. wipes take forever to recover, people afk constantly, people don't even put any effort into their gear unless the raid hands it to them. we had like 25 steady raiders.

mid-god we lost the officer who was leading our god progression, then a lot of other high playtime people bailed to join him over the next few weeks. our steady raiders shrank even more, while chest still refused to even admit there was a problem

we never cleared all of txevu in one night (some mobs we never beat even once), we only killed tunat a handful of times. i think txevu main boss we only killed like once or twice?

come oow launch, we can't even get through trials, people aren't even trying to get thier signets (only a couple did). more of our ever-shrinking high playtime people left to other guilds, like relb. chest still refuses to admit there's a problem or that we need to change how we run things. instead just says "oh lets recruit more"

next week we were dead

basically chest killed the guild by not just refusing to actually be a leader, but by cock-blocking anyone else from leading it too. lazy asshole who didn't even want to be there, but his ego was so huge he refused to let anyone else who knew what the fuck they were talking about even try anything new

i'm glad it's finally dead so i can move on to a guild that actually has a fucking leader that has a clue what they're doing
This is exactly how it was. Chest was moving across the country for 2 or 3 weeks, so some officers stepped up to handle the GoD launch. Early gates wasnt bad imo. We wiped alot and shit took longer than it should have, but the officers were doing a really good job with morale, and keeping things light. When chest came back it was a complete flip. He tried to grab control of everything without knowing wtf was going on and discord became unbearable. The first long time member from p99 left at that point, and it was a turning stone. I personally knew this was the beginning of the end. I'm not sure if he even killed tunat with us before he left.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:06 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to NecroP99 Send a message via Yahoo to NecroP99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good riddance to an awful guild from 2011ish, funny how all the old members whp stood up for that circus ended up leaving [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea they only made it 7 years of having fun playing video games - what a train wreck
Old 10-06-2017, 11:45 AM
Kobold

I left after we beat PoP and really enjoyed my time experiencing TLP. BDA as a community lives on, just no longer raiding on Phinny. Sorry if that triggers anyone.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

I don't understand why you assholes didn't just get rid of Chest and reform. If he was the biggest reason for inhibiting your progress, it sounds like a no-brainer to me. It was done with a guild I was in a long time ago and that guild is still alive from my knowledge. It's probably easier to just bitch and complain without actually doing anything meaningful about it.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:51 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Got a round of responses. I was not going to continue proxying, but hell, why not?

tofu is talking out of his ass. we had tons of recruits through-out our phinny run. more were only from phinny than weren't. some of us box too which filled out the raid but chest preferred giving loot to stupid 'i raid once a month' people over boxes that had way more value. but when you open the door to any shitty player, it drags everyone down, and we were constantly suffering from that

k2summit had his info a little wrong - chest had moved months before god launch, during middle of pop. at god launch i think he said work had him busy

chest said he "ran an inclusive ship", but you can't run a ship if you're not online. he boasts his raid attendance, but he was a complete ghost outside of raid times after his move. he was never online and even late to raids. you can't run shit if you don't know shit, and he didn't know anything about any of those expansions nor cared to find out. he assumes every guld that was better than bda (read: almost all of them) were "mercanary" guilds (his word) that all hated each other, and that the way bda was "ran" was the only way to do it. stupid as fuck, so interest died in his ever-worsening shit show and good players ran from his nonsense

phinny pop went from 19 guilds in god clearing to 16 in omens, so tons of population. chest just had no idea how to keep the guild successful, that's why it failed, not due to population. chest never tried to recruit, you have to be online outside of raids or post on forums to actually recruit, but we still had apps, including a bunch of mostly fucking garbage tier apps that got left behind from that cult of chaos guild

phinny pop will continue to shrink, but 16 guilds clearing content is still a ton (and the top guilds split content meaning they have multiple raid forces at that)

also lol at banning relb, captain butthurt manchild strikes. his lordship's ego is bruised and doesn't like being called out for having no fucking clue how to do actual work to keep a guild alive in a game that you just don't zerg recruit everyone and still manage to kill things and there's no actual gear progression because content is stale. everyone that is still playing is now talking about how great their new guilds are because the new guilds have actual leaders
Old 10-06-2017, 01:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good riddance to an awful guild from 2011ish, funny how all the old members whp stood up for that circus ended up leaving [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Swish is so mad.
Old 10-06-2017, 01:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand why you assholes didn't just get rid of Chest and reform. If he was the biggest reason for inhibiting your progress, it sounds like a no-brainer to me.
maybe because lol "anonymous sources" aren't always true on these here elf sim forums
Old 10-06-2017, 02:01 PM
Sarnak

and swish wept, as there were no bdas left to autism against
Old 10-06-2017, 02:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bda_truth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
some of us box too which filled out the raid but chest preferred giving loot to stupid 'i raid once a month' people over boxes

chest had moved months before god launch

chest said he "ran an inclusive ship"

chest
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

quite the triggering, wp chest and casual scum who dared to get loot over people's greedy boxes
Closed Thread