Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-28-2014, 01:07 PM
Fire Giant

Default Installing Addons (Duxa, HighRes, etc) on MAC

Sorry if this is somewhere on the boards, but i've searched as thoroughly as I know how, and I cannot find instructions anywhere..

I'm playing on a MacBook Pro, and want to add Vegas Custom DuxaUI, and the HighRes files, from http://p99.yourfirefly.com/, to my setup.

I've downloaded and unzipped the files into separate folders, in an outside location, and i'm unclear of where to place these files. I don't want to just shoot in the dark because I don't want to mess something up and have to do the mac install all over again.

Can someone give me a quick step by step, so I don't screw up?

Thanks guys!

Asher
Old 10-28-2014, 08:31 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGrousis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry if this is somewhere on the boards, but i've searched as thoroughly as I know how, and I cannot find instructions anywhere..

I'm playing on a MacBook Pro, and want to add Vegas Custom DuxaUI, and the HighRes files, from http://p99.yourfirefly.com/, to my setup.

I've downloaded and unzipped the files into separate folders, in an outside location, and i'm unclear of where to place these files. I don't want to just shoot in the dark because I don't want to mess something up and have to do the mac install all over again.

Can someone give me a quick step by step, so I don't screw up?

Thanks guys!
uifiles/<your UI name>/

So if it's "Sony\EverQuest\uifilies\" as the path, you want to put the "duxaui" folder in the folder alongside the "default" folder. (NOT IN THE default FOLDER)

It's the same as Windows, just a different filesystem.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 10-28-2014, 10:54 PM
Fire Giant

Thank you for the reply!

This is confusing me. You guys are saying the exact opposite, unless i'm reading this wrong??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

1. Default - Download the FULL UI >>>here<<< and unzip into your Everquest\uifiles\default folder overwriting all files. This will make sure you have a fresh 'default'. Next download the Project1999 UI updates to make it compatible for this server from >>>here<<< and again, unzip into your Everquest\uifiles\default folder overwriting all files. When you load up Everquest your UI should look like this:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Asher
Old 04-13-2015, 07:44 PM
Fire Giant

bump^ maybe i'm being stupid, but I cannot get this to work correctly.

Asher
Old 04-14-2015, 08:28 AM
Fire Giant

I just picked up a Mac today and am going to play around with the installer and update the write up for Macs later this week.