Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 12:56 AM
Sarnak

Excellent! Thanks Muzyn and Nedala!
Old 10-11-2010, 05:29 AM
Decaying Skeleton

use your pet is better way to reduce your dead, buff your pet first and then pull by tash => root => dot => slow => go get hit make your pet attack and med. Rebuff your pet if any buff off or rune to protect it. Don't forget to buy a dagger for your pet if he got DW, it really help.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by defung [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
use your pet is better way to reduce your dead, buff your pet first and then pull by tash => root => dot => slow => go get hit make your pet attack and med. Rebuff your pet if any buff off or rune to protect it. Don't forget to buy a dagger for your pet if he got DW, it really help.
You need 2 weapons to make your pet dual wield, the first one just replaces the pets main hand, the second makes him forfeit his shield. Stupid kebobtik...

Chanter animation is a viable solo option, using your berserker spirit line of spells is good for absorb damage on them without costing the earth in components.

I think i first stated charm soloing around level 30, was reliable enough with cha over 200, best thing about it is that you can get 3 or 4 solo kills before having to med. Charm mob, haste it, send it in on another mob, slow that one, root it. Nuke it once, let pet kill it. Keep doing that until it gets to the point your charmed mob is going to lose, then break charm, nuke both mobs to death.

I enchant things...
Old 10-11-2010, 09:59 AM
Aviak

I don't know if this works in P99, but back on live I'd do this for charming:

1.) Mez your charm target. Pick a low-duration mez.
2.) Root (longest duration you have), Tash.
3.) Charm, Buff.

Drag pulls across the charm, or if you can time it well, try to land a root right when the pull is on top of the charm.

This is pretty "duh" standard operating procedure with the only additional point being that I liked to keep my charm rooted. It made early breaks much easier to handle. When you're low on CHA or just new to charming, it gives you a little more wiggle room to learn with in my experience.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Aviak

I didn't start with charm until 49 or so. Prior to that I found i could consistently keep down spawns with the summoned pet using less mana than i did with charm - Pretty much non stop killing that way.

The big thing is 20 - Thats when the troll form comes. At that point you arent hindered any longer by taking damage, and you can mix in a bit of tanking for the pet when nessesary, and the occational whirl if really in a tight spot.

Pull with slow, root mob, let the summoned pet beat it. go melee/tank a bit depending on your pet and your own health. Pop the occational nuke / whirl if needed.

Make sure the pet is buffed with haste, AC, DS.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:25 PM
Aviak

I played a chanter on live. I solo'd using the pet until somewhere in the teens. After that I never went anywhere without a group. Not because I thought it was impossible to solo or anything, but just because it was so easy to get in a group. And in general, I thought grinding in a dungeon with a group was more fun.

Better xp if the group is good. Usually better loots too. And as a chanter you have a lot of control over how the group performs. If you can keep stuff locked down pretty well, then the risk of a wipe drops and the group can pull faster.

I remember getting groups got easier as I went up in level too. There's a noticeable difference once you get clarity. And by the time I hit 50 I had to stay ANON when I didn't want a group.
Last edited by BobSmith; 10-13-2010 at 04:28 PM..
Old 10-14-2010, 12:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSmith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played a chanter on live. I solo'd using the pet until somewhere in the teens. After that I never went anywhere without a group. Not because I thought it was impossible to solo or anything, but just because it was so easy to get in a group. And in general, I thought grinding in a dungeon with a group was more fun.

Better xp if the group is good. Usually better loots too. And as a chanter you have a lot of control over how the group performs. If you can keep stuff locked down pretty well, then the risk of a wipe drops and the group can pull faster.

I remember getting groups got easier as I went up in level too. There's a noticeable difference once you get clarity. And by the time I hit 50 I had to stay ANON when I didn't want a group.

Thats who you do it!!
Old 10-14-2010, 12:59 PM
Aviak

Once PoP came out I did a lot more charming. Critters in PoP seemed to do lot more damage, and have more hit points and that made a big difference. We would do 3 man groups: 2 chanters and 1 cleric, and kill that centaur looking boss in PoN. You had to use two chanters so that when one charm broke, the target would stay on the other pet. At that time, clerics could CHeal those pets for a ton because they had way more hitpoints than a player, which made CHeal really really efficient and effective.

I think the big change with PoP was that most critters did a ton of damage compared to pre-PoP stuff. Or maybe it was the bump in hit points that PoP critters got. I mean, I don't recall anyone ever using charmed giants to tank Vindi for example. Of course, Vindi isn't slowable and I think that big centaur lookin' guy was.
Closed Thread