Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 10-28-2022, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They owe us all a new red server, the people have spoken and won't shut up.
Yep.

Just as soon as you pay your Project 1999 subscription this month.
Old 10-28-2022, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Anyway, need new green ASAP, thanks.
Old 10-28-2022, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Old 10-28-2022, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
qft
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-28-2022, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Good thing we can safely consider development on p99 complete if we had to. Its not perfect but its in a great place, totally acceptable. Remove the damn lighting fix because it makes the game run fucked up, and call it good.

For pvp fix the mainhand damage bonus applying to archery. Call it good.

It doesn't need much dev action now it needs GMs/ Guides and judging by the staffs non response to my applications they must have plenty of great qualified people applying and have all the help they need. Almost every player of p99 is passionate about it and at least 20% of us are going to be viable stable individuals that could do guide activity.

The only real question is if P99 team made agreement with daybreak that they would never make a new server after Green comes out, which is the "completion" of their project. Maybe.

However, staff doesn't need to "reveal" their agreement to inform p99 players that "We won't be making a new server" they just need to say it.

So yeah heres to hoping. Even though I'm a pvp advocate, I think it is actually more likely to see another pvp server before another blue server. The progression on green just ended. It doesn't make sense to make everyone re-cycle all over again right away.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-28-2022, 04:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Starman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There isn't a any passionate developers pushing P99 forward anymore, Green was the realization of the dream, I'd give it about a 50/50, now we just have devs going through the motions doing the bare minimum to keep the lights on and prevent a few dozen people from offing themselves if P99 was shut down permanently.
^
Old 10-28-2022, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

If they are so disinterested (your words not theirs or mine) I’d expect to see their database become available for the community so people could have a basis for classic like EQ
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-28-2022, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

Think about it like this, they have lives, and things to do, and this is all just a hobby for them.

I plan on living another 20 or so years unless someone decides we should all kill each other.

So I figure I'll get red 2 at one point, or we'll all die in the end of days.

Either way none of it is in my control but all of it is inevitable.
Old 10-28-2022, 08:11 PM
Planar Protector

If I could speak for Nilbog or Rogean as a professional ghost poster I would respond to my requests with “I am just as interested in red 2.0 as you are. There are things that make it not practical for me to do at this time but when some things change, I’ll make an announcement.” When asked for a timeline id say “it’s extremely unlikely that red 2 will come out before q4 2023”

Easy

I just answered about 500 “when new??” Threads during 1/2 of a trip to the bathroom and committed to nothing.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-28-2022, 11:43 PM
Kobold

Default what title?

Nilbog and Rogean have been working on this project for almost twenty years. I remember seeing them asking for testers on EQEMU back in like,2003? Maybe sooner.
Hell, it may be longer than twenty years by now.

Why wouldn't they be burned out at this point? they've been working on P99 for almost as long as EQ has been around and EQ has gone through around five? developers, who I'm guessing have had at least more than two people working on it per company.

I'm thinking that they're getting a modest amount of money through donations and the like but I highly doubt that they're living large off of it. If anything the money that we funnel them is used to pay for the servers.

I know that they have volunteers to help with stuff, but to be honest I think the only game that has been basically ran by two people for longer than N&B are the brothers that run Dwarf Fortress.

There are a ton of other people who have worked on P99 over the years , I know that. but, overall? Everyone who has contributed to the servers since the onset may equal a twentieth of the people who worked for Daybreak, and they're the last to have their hands on the title.

Anyways. I'm ranting. I'm just excited because I got a laptop and can finally play again. See you guys in game.