Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 03-09-2024, 09:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEH84 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like you’re answering a question I didn’t ask? I’m currently holding aggro fine with a wess and frosty. My haste item is a seahorse belt, so it’s not the best droppable haste but pretty good. The question is about sacrificing all other stats on a non twinked warrior for the sake of hit points. I’m specifically curious/concerned about my STR as a small race because it’s not good to begin with. Hope that provided clarity on the what I’m curious about.
It only matters in the context of encumbrance. Are you having trouble carrying shit? If so, strength will help with that. If not, strength really just doesn't matter to a warrior. I mean, in principle, it increases your DPS and that would technically equate to a higher XP/hour in a group setting; but it's like taking the floor mats out of your car to get a better gas mileage.

Strength has no impact whatsoever on aggro generation. When you swing a weapon, you generate an amount of aggro equal to that weapon's damage attribute plus your inherent level-based damage bonus. It doesn't matter how much you actually hit for. It doesn't matter if you miss, hit for 1, hit for max damage, or crit (though crippling blows have a stun component that generates extra aggro; but again, unaffected by strength). For that reason, strength on a warrior is not relevant unless you have so little of it that you're having trouble carrying your shit. It never affects your ability to be an effective tank.

If you often duo with a healer and you're the one providing most of the damage, high strength is kind of nice. In real groups, and especially in raids, it doesn't make any difference that anybody would ever notice. Mostly it determines how much vendor trash you can pick up, and if your low strength represents an opportunity cost in lost revenue that causes you to miss out on upgrades, I suppose that can be considered a disadvantage in an extremely roundabout way. I would say this mostly stops being relevant once you get past the point where fine steel weapons make up a noteworthy portion of your income. By level 40ish, all the cash drops are weightless things like gems, spells and faction turn-in crap.
Last edited by greatdane; 03-09-2024 at 09:21 PM..
Old 03-12-2024, 05:22 PM
Fire Giant

that guy def plays a gnome.