Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Sarnak

Default New on the server...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]Hello all, I'm audacity, I've played on EQemu for awhile, but I have been on hiatus for some time now.

I'm currently deployed to Iraq so I pretty much have time to waste.

I have an enchanter (got em up to level 5 today) I'm looking to maybe have some people to run groups with here in a few levels, whether it be your main or an alt.

I think I'm a decent player, the enchanter class is new to me, but I played a bard on EQLive.

I played on Guildwars 1/2/2.5

Anyway, hope to see you in game!

Character name is Audacian just incase anyone wants to know
Old 10-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Fire Giant

Weclome.

You playin from the MWR, or did you gather some dudes to chip in for a local to get you a dish?

Where you at?
Old 10-07-2010, 06:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by quellren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Weclome.

You playin from the MWR, or did you gather some dudes to chip in for a local to get you a dish?

Where you at?
Thanks for the welcome!

Well I've got it kind of lucky, I have it in my room, which is roughly 16 hours a day I can have my own net, at work I have net, but can't play games and all that junk haha (I'm at work now)

I'm at COB Speicher (Tikrit, Iraq).

I take it you are either military or ex-military?
Old 10-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Kobold

Welcome, Audacity! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I hope you enjoy yourself here!
Old 10-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glaani [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome, Audacity! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I hope you enjoy yourself here!
Thanks! I'm sure I will, not going to lie though, being an enchanter at lower levels sucked lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'm having a blast though!
Old 10-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Sarnak

Welcome! But, here's a little advice. How about you practice this little thing called OPSEC and not tell the internet which FOB you are at?! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-07-2010, 06:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDrake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome! But, here's a little advice. How about you practice this little thing called OPSEC and not tell the internet which FOB you are at?! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL! How do you know I just didnt give you a false FOB? I could be behind you right now, and....I AM!!! HAHA! BACKST....oh wait, I'm an enchanter...uh, lull?

Plus there is nothing going on at this fob at all...Been here 4 months and have been mortared about 5 times if that...it's really boring haha
Old 10-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by audacity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I take it you are either military or ex-military?

Army Medic for 8 years and 3 Iraq trips (03-04) (05-06) and (08-09)

My last one I played alot of WoW (*shame*) from the BN MWR at COP Summers (very small- south of FoB Kalsu) then from a Hadji-dish sandbagged to a mortar-bunker at CoP Hillah in Al Hillah (Babylon).
Internet in your 'room'(2 sheets of plywood quartering a GP-small tent) for 30$ a month ain't bad.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDrake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LoL. OPSEC isn't really breached when you all you claim is that you live on one of the largest posts in all of Iraq. It has a Burger King and a Subway.
Fuck, it has it's own Wikipedia page.
Besides all he said was that he was there, not what he did, or any discerning info about the place. Calm down guy.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by quellren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Army Medic for 8 years and 3 Iraq trips (03-04) (05-06) and (08-09)

My last one I played alot of WoW (*shame*) from the BN MWR at COP Summers (very small- south of FoB Kalsu) then from a Hadji-dish sandbagged to a mortar-bunker at CoP Hillah in Al Hillah (Babylon).
Internet in your 'room'(2 sheets of plywood quartering a GP-small tent) for 30$ a month ain't bad.

Ahhhh a Medic! Do you play a cleric? :P

I have a few friends here that are medics, but we're mostly signal (you probably coulda guessed that though with me being at work and sitting on my ass)

I've heard COP Summers was a pain in the ass, really small and shitty. The fob I am at now is pretty big and nice, so I consider myself lucky, and it's probably better than being in Afghanistan, I've got a buddy I went to AIT with there now, he is pretty much a medic anymore because he got attached to some ID unit in Khandajar.

lol and the net is way more here than 30 bucks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It's 110.00 a MONTH for 250k connection, but they know we will all pay for it because we having nothing to do here outside of try not to die from being bored. It is offered by some company called SniperHill. It's not great internet, but I can see my 3 week old daughter, talk to my wife, and play EMU so I can't bitch too much.
Closed Thread