Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 10:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^^
solid

1. cro-mags
2. the gaslight anthem
3. where fear and weapons meet
4. none more black
5. paint it black
6. american nightmare
7. the suicide file
8. jawbreaker
9. kill your idols
10. stay gold
i spent two months in richmond and the only time i got a chance to see tim barry i got horribly sick, the show was less then 3 blocks from where i was staying [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. i also missed him at the fest last year because i got to drunk. =/

and yes jawbreaker fucking a.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:12 PM
Fire Giant

Actually, I only follow ONE band. I go everywhere they go and listen to these cover gods. Here is a youtube of them playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8jg5pjvwjw&p
Old 10-14-2010, 10:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlankyLanky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i spent two months in richmond and the only time i got a chance to see tim barry i got horribly sick, the show was less then 3 blocks from where i was staying [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. i also missed him at the fest last year because i got to drunk. =/

and yes jawbreaker fucking a.

Caught him in gainsville with against me on the last tour. What night did he play fest last year? I was at the atlantic all night friday till the crime in stereo warehouse show, all over the place saturday till the cinderblock issue @ the shookeones warehouse show, and sunday I blacked out after hour of the wolf
Old 10-14-2010, 10:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimixownzall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a classical music fan, can't name them by bands =/
Artist works too...I have some on my computer that I like, can't remember the name of the "main" one I listen to, some Russian guy, apparently is pretty crazy live (Runs to his piano/really energetic)
Of course Ludwig is good too, as well as Mozart.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Caught him in gainsville with against me on the last tour. What night did he play fest last year? I was at the atlantic all night friday till the crime in stereo warehouse show, all over the place saturday till the cinderblock issue @ the shookeones warehouse show, and sunday I blacked out after hour of the wolf
i dont remember what night he played, but he did holler at my friends when they were walking by wayward with their packs on and talked to them about trains for a bit, i was pretty pissed.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Sarnak

Classical is a great place to be. Huge genre with alot of niches. I gravitate towards Baroque or Chamber music. Joseph Haydn, J.S. Bach, Luigi Boccherini and the like come to mind off the bat =)

Swishahouse Swishablast
Luminary of 57 Spirits
Junglist
Bard of 16 Anthems
Pokeball Flinger
Old 10-14-2010, 10:28 PM
Kobold

Foo Fighters
Secret & Whisper
At the Drive In/The Mars Volta (they can count as one, right?)
Muse
Rush
Minus the Bear
Closure in Moscow
Emery
Underoath
Coheed and Cambria

Some of these aren't the top in talent but definitely great to listen to. No particular order.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlankyLanky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in no particular order:

1.aus rotten
2.thulsa doom
3.a//political
4.dystopia
5.antischism
6.ds-13
7.mischief brew
8.nausea
9.tim barry
10. crimpshrine
*fistbump*
Old 10-14-2010, 10:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by audacity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
]Fugazi... Minor Threat
The other week I got off the metro at Columbia Heights in D.C. and went up the escalator on my way to work.

Then out of nowhere Ian Mackaye walks past me with his wife giving his kid a piggy-back ride.

I was like [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think I threw up the horns or something dumb like that and we nodded at each other.

Queue the "cool story bro."
Old 10-14-2010, 10:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by purist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The other week I got off the metro at Columbia Heights in D.C. and went up the escalator on my way to work.

Then out of nowhere Ian Mackaye walks past me with his wife giving his kid a piggy-back ride.

I was like [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think I threw up the horns or something dumb like that and we nodded at each other.

Queue the "cool story bro."
*fist bump*
a buddy of mind met h.r from bad brains in dc a few months ago walking to a bar, not that im a big bad brains fan, but eh still cool story bro scenario.
Closed Thread