Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 07-31-2023, 08:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh yeah buddy I'm sure we're all in awe of your skill in auto attacking and rotating a mob 180 degrees
Thank you for highlighting how wars are under rated and how your a simpleton
Old 07-31-2023, 08:29 PM
Sarnak

In trios, groups and raids warriors are s-teir. Buncha kids repeating the old snap aggro nonsense
Old 07-31-2023, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In trios and groups, warriors are s-teir. Buncha kids repeating the old snap aggro nonsense
Can you explain your position, instead of simply insulting people who disagree with you?

I am honestly not sure why you keep making these claims without any evidence across multiple threads.

I am asking about trios and groups specifically. We all know Warriors are fantastic in raids.
Old 07-31-2023, 09:44 PM
Sarnak

Dsm I wasn't going to respond to you on these forums cause your nuts but I'm giving in. Clear evidence doesn't matter to you. You have proven this in every thread you participate in. If there were a judge that would perma ban you if I could provide clear evidence I would do so. Trying to argue on forums is useless. That's why people make statements and act rude without providing evidence. If there could be a winner you would lose in every thread I've seen u argue in
Old 07-31-2023, 10:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dsm I wasn't going to respond to you on these forums cause your nuts but I'm giving in. Clear evidence doesn't matter to you. You have proven this in every thread you participate in. If there were a judge that would perma ban you if I could provide clear evidence I would do so. Trying to argue on forums is useless. That's why people make statements and act rude without providing evidence. If there could be a winner you would lose in every thread I've seen u argue in
Lots of nonsense and excuses. No evidence. Please stop posting this kind of nonsense if you can't back it up. You are just telling people false information about myself and the Warrior class.

I am not sure why you think insulting people on forums makes you look confident, or correct in your position. You just look silly.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-31-2023 at 10:10 PM..
Old 07-31-2023, 10:13 PM
Sarnak

warrior nerds seething at the fact they're a liability and a straight loss in optimization.

Your minor increase of damage (lol, Ranger tier) doesn't make up for the fact monks make better group tanks at this point than warrior.

Disc? What, so you can nerf your own damage for group content? What kind of silly nonsense is that.

Nah, swerve warrior nerds. Sorry your raid gear is only ever going to be used on raids.

The only thing you're good at is sitting and taking CH chains for a couple hours, then logging off at the raid boss until next spawn.

Thems the breaks, deal.

Last edited by ya.dingus; 07-31-2023 at 10:15 PM..
Old 07-31-2023, 11:28 PM
Planar Protector

Even if the title of the thread was true, on blue that 90% of game content has become 10% and the 10% that was raiding now amounts to 90%. A level 15 warrior won the last ring 10 roll. PUGs are few and far between. Alt armies don't need traditional groups to get to 60. Endgame is taking over the rest of the game, which was the reason for 46+ epic restrictions and paladin-only soulfires.
Old 07-31-2023, 11:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even if the title of the thread was true, on blue that 90% of game content has become 10% and the 10% that was raiding now amounts to 90%. A level 15 warrior won the last ring 10 roll. PUGs are few and far between. Alt armies don't need traditional groups to get to 60. Endgame is taking over the rest of the game, which was the reason for 46+ epic restrictions and paladin-only soulfires.
Hi folks, discount monk Warrior here, just want to remind you that we're useful and that the game is actually tailored for us end game!

Take a look at our exploited beta bucks Blue server which has been around for over 14 years now!

The full game is now just raiding and camping out at raid bosses. This soul crushing once a week playtime is all yours for the low cost of staring at your combat log endlessly to get to end game.

We're not only pidgeonholed viable, we're the "best tanks!"

With gameplay so good, it's a wonder why blue server averages less than 350 players a day! Insane right!?

Last edited by ya.dingus; 08-01-2023 at 12:00 AM..
Old 08-01-2023, 12:39 AM
Planar Protector

Imo warrior is best tank as soon as it gets evasive, especially if puller is working in sync with disc timer to ensure the trouble some pulls come into camp while evasive runs.

At this point the deficits of the warrior don’t matter as they have easy access to fine weapons and other classes are fully developed.

The closer the warrior gets to 60 the truer this becomes as eventually it is spending around 50% of the time evasive and can happily tank a silly number of mobs at a time in those circumstances (useful in small groups or dense areas where the warrior may be puller).

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-01-2023, 12:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi folks, discount monk Warrior here, just want to remind you that we're useful and that the game is actually tailored for us end game!
There's an overabundance of monks and for good reason. They're kind of OP, esp once all is said and done, but good luck getting to say and do all that with a long line in front of you. Mend is better than Lay Hands, coupled with BW to 70%. Block on top of the other defensive skills, sure why not. Plus stonestance. And some of the best gear options.

But form a monk-only guild and see how much it can accomplish. Won't get far. Every class in the trilogy is "bad" compared to live versions, bad meaning interdependent. Getting the most out of what are considered the worst classes can be fun, in what is otherwise known as doing more with less. Monks just happen to have a lot going for them, being more independent than other melee classes. It's an MMO though. Interdependence/synergy are front and center if you want to see everything the game has to offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The full game is now just raiding and camping out at raid bosses.
90% ≠ full game. The remaining 10% can be found in solo artist challenges, twinking alts, farming, etc.

Quote:
With gameplay so good, it's a wonder why blue server averages less than 350 players a day! Insane right!?
Right now at this odd hour the count is roughly 430, so that's some ogre math you've got there. The population occasionally dipped even lower during the summer months long before green existed. Naturally, it fluctuates. Especially when new games come out. What never seems to change though is that there are ppl who continue to make homer simpson predictions about the end being nigh.
Last edited by Ennewi; 08-01-2023 at 12:51 AM..